Skeleton Key and Green Devil Mask

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Skeleton Key and Green Devil Mask

Postby jonathangallo28 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:33 pm

What happens if my opponent has the Green Devil Mask Trap and I have 3 characters fielded, and I Field the Skeleton Key that removes a Trap from the Field?

1.) The Trap is triggered and goes off immediately, making me reroll my characters. After this I can use Skeleton Key's ability to remove a second Trap.

2.) The Trap is triggered, but my Skeleton Key goes first. It removes the GDM Trap but since its already triggered it still will resolve.

3.) The Trap is triggered, but my Skeleton Key goes first. It removes the GDM Trap, and when it's time for it to resolve it isn't active anymore, so it fizzles.
jonathangallo28

Re: Skeleton Key and Green Devil Mask

Postby dmrulesteam » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:24 pm

jonathangallo28 wrote:What happens if my opponent has the Green Devil Mask Trap and I have 3 characters fielded, and I Field the Skeleton Key that removes a Trap from the Field?

1.) The Trap is triggered and goes off immediately, making me reroll my characters. After this I can use Skeleton Key's ability to remove a second Trap.

2.) The Trap is triggered, but my Skeleton Key goes first. It removes the GDM Trap but since its already triggered it still will resolve.

3.) The Trap is triggered, but my Skeleton Key goes first. It removes the GDM Trap, and when it's time for it to resolve it isn't active anymore, so it fizzles.

The answer is number 2. When multiple effects are simultaneously triggered, you resolve the active player's abilities first, in the order of his or her choosing, before the inactive player's triggered effects resolve. Every triggered effect will resolve unless one of the simultaneously triggered effects causes the text on a card associated with a yet-to-be-resolved triggered effect to be ignored. It does not matter if the die associated with a triggered effect is KO'd or otherwise removed from play before the effect would resolve. The triggered effect will ultimately resolved unless the text on its associated card has been ignored before it resolves.
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions