[WoL] Mera: Mournfoul Rage Global

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

[WoL] Mera: Mournfoul Rage Global

Postby luis1984 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:38 pm

Hello.

My question it's about Mera's Global. It says:

Global: Pay (mask). If a character would deal you 5 or more combat damage, it instead deals you 2 combat damage.

When it says "character" it refers to each "character" or each "character die".

For example:

If 2 lvl 3 supermen (Atack: 8) attack and deal combat damage to me, I have to pay 1 (mask) for each to reduce the combined damage from 16 to 2, or just 1 (mask) for both to reduce the combined damage from 16 to 4?

Thanks a lot!
luis1984

Re: [WoL] Mera: Mournfoul Rage Global

Postby dmrulesteam » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:30 pm

luis1984 wrote:Hello.

My question it's about Mera's Global. It says:

Global: Pay (mask). If a character would deal you 5 or more combat damage, it instead deals you 2 combat damage.

When it says "character" it refers to each "character" or each "character die".

For example:

If 2 lvl 3 supermen (Atack: 8) attack and deal combat damage to me, I have to pay 1 (mask) for each to reduce the combined damage from 16 to 2, or just 1 (mask) for both to reduce the combined damage from 16 to 4?

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

This question has sort of been answered previously, but indirectly. Relevant thread here, excerpt below: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8509&p=19362&hilit=mera#p19362

How do Global Abilities that require something else to happen work?
Cards like War Machine: Combat Comrade and Mera: Queen of Atlantis can only have their Global Abilities used once for each time the effect would apply. So a single Shield character die could attack for 6 damage, go unblocked, and have both Mera and War Machine’s Global Abilities used on it (each once). If two 6A Shield character dice attacked (unblocked) each Global Ability could be used twice. These effects are paid for at the appropriate time, not before.
The rulebook says the following, which applies here:
“Players are allowed to use Global Abilities that react to events at the appropriate time (for example, a Global Ability that allows you to redirect damage when one of your characters takes damage).”

So you would pay for, and use, Mera's Global Ability once for each unblocked Superman die. You'd reduce each instance of 8 damage to 2 damage by paying a Mask energy. In total, you'd pay 2 Mask energy and take a total of 4 damage.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions