Vicious Struggle Clarifications

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Vicious Struggle Clarifications

Postby pk2317 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:00 pm

Card text:
Vicious Struggle: Basic Action Card (WoL #32) wrote:Until your next turn, deal your opponent 1 damage for each damage you take that doesn't come from Vicious Struggle.

I have a few questions about how this card is intended to work:
  1. "Until your next turn" - does this die remain out in the field as a reminder, or is it played and then goes Out of Play?
    1. If it remains, can it be targeted/removed by cards that affect action dice?
  2. "Deal your opponent 1 damage for each damage you take" - If I am hit with, say, 3 damage at once from my opponent fielding Fatality: Bounty Hunter, does VS deal them 1 damage or 3 damage?
  3. Does Vicious Struggle stack? If I play 2 VS dice on the same turn, will that double the damage dealt (i.e. will each VS die deal its own damage)? Or is it more similar to a "while active" ability?

Thank you for answering, I've seen a lot of creative teams using this Basic Action Card and I'd like to make sure we are all playing it correctly!
pk2317

Re: Vicious Struggle Clarifications

Postby dmrulesteam » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:46 pm

pk2317 wrote:Card text:
Vicious Struggle: Basic Action Card (WoL #32) wrote:Until your next turn, deal your opponent 1 damage for each damage you take that doesn't come from Vicious Struggle.

I have a few questions about how this card is intended to work:
  1. "Until your next turn" - does this die remain out in the field as a reminder, or is it played and then goes Out of Play?
    1. If it remains, can it be targeted/removed by cards that affect action dice?
  2. "Deal your opponent 1 damage for each damage you take" - If I am hit with, say, 3 damage at once from my opponent fielding Fatality: Bounty Hunter, does VS deal them 1 damage or 3 damage?
  3. Does Vicious Struggle stack? If I play 2 VS dice on the same turn, will that double the damage dealt (i.e. will each VS die deal its own damage)? Or is it more similar to a "while active" ability?

Thank you for answering, I've seen a lot of creative teams using this Basic Action Card and I'd like to make sure we are all playing it correctly!

1. Vicious Struggle is played and then goes Out of Play. Because it does not remain in the Field Zone, we do not need to answer your follow up question regarding removing or targeting it.

2. In your hypothetical situation, Vicious Struggle would deal your opponent want 3 damage.

3. If you played multiple Vicious Struggle dice, each would independently trigger when you take damage. Using your Fatality hypothetical situation again, if you had played 2 Vicious Struggle dice on your prior turn, each would deal your opponent 3 damage--or 6 damage total.
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions