Two-Face Double Deal

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Two-Face Double Deal

Postby bahamut7 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:22 pm

Another player has presented a take on this card that I have not considered and feel that community should get some clarification on.

The card reads," When Two-Face is blocked, you may have Two-Face deal his A to your opponent in addition to his blockers."

As it stands, this card can be read in two different ways, both seem valid and not over powering. If you could let us know which way is the intended way for his card to be played, we would all greatly appreciate it (especially with the second WKOs nearing).

A level 3 Two-Face attacks (6A) and is blocked by a level 3 Scarecrow (5D). Which is the result assumnig the active player wishes to deal damage with Two-Face's ability to their opponent?

A.) 6A is dealt to Scarecrow and 6A is dealt to the opponent.

or

B.) Two-Face splits his total attack between his blockers and opponent. Meaning that 5 damage is dealt to Scarecrow and 1 is dealt to the opponent.

Just for clarification, regardless of which option is correct, this damage is still indeed Combat Damage? Thank you for clarifying this card. I look forward to using one of my favorite batman villains.
bahamut7

Re: Two-Face Double Deal

Postby dmrulesteam » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:00 pm

bahamut7 wrote:Another player has presented a take on this card that I have not considered and feel that community should get some clarification on.

The card reads," When Two-Face is blocked, you may have Two-Face deal his A to your opponent in addition to his blockers."

As it stands, this card can be read in two different ways, both seem valid and not over powering. If you could let us know which way is the intended way for his card to be played, we would all greatly appreciate it (especially with the second WKOs nearing).

A level 3 Two-Face attacks (6A) and is blocked by a level 3 Scarecrow (5D). Which is the result assumnig the active player wishes to deal damage with Two-Face's ability to their opponent?

A.) 6A is dealt to Scarecrow and 6A is dealt to the opponent.

or

B.) Two-Face splits his total attack between his blockers and opponent. Meaning that 5 damage is dealt to Scarecrow and 1 is dealt to the opponent.

Just for clarification, regardless of which option is correct, this damage is still indeed Combat Damage? Thank you for clarifying this card. I look forward to using one of my favorite batman villains.

(A) is correct. Two-Face deals his full attack value in damage to character dice blocking him and additionally (if you so chose, as the ability is permissive) deals his full attack value in damage to the defending player.

Also, as is the case with damage done to a defending player by a character die with Overcrush, the damage done to the defending player in this situation is considered combat damage, and not ability damage.
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions