Polymorph Clarification

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Polymorph Clarification

Postby sneakyspatula » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:35 pm

This is a question pertaining to the Polymorph and the Transition Zone.

If I were to purchase a character die and have sidekick in the field zone. I then use polymorph which text reads swap a character with a non-NPC character from that players used pile. Spin the character to level 1. This does not trigger "when fielded" effects. Would the sidekick then go out of play due to it previously being in the field or would it take the position of the character in the used pile? Due to the ruling on the used pile/transition zone one would believe that since the die was in the field it would first have to go out of play before it could go to the used pile. However, the word swap would imply that the dice do nothing more than change positions. Further clarification would be greatly appreciated. Does the originally fielded character go out of play or into the used pile?
sneakyspatula

Re: Polymorph Clarification

Postby dmrulesteam » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:10 am

sneakyspatula wrote:This is a question pertaining to the Polymorph and the Transition Zone.

If I were to purchase a character die and have sidekick in the field zone. I then use polymorph which text reads swap a character with a non-NPC character from that players used pile. Spin the character to level 1. This does not trigger "when fielded" effects. Would the sidekick then go out of play due to it previously being in the field or would it take the position of the character in the used pile? Due to the ruling on the used pile/transition zone one would believe that since the die was in the field it would first have to go out of play before it could go to the used pile. However, the word swap would imply that the dice do nothing more than change positions. Further clarification would be greatly appreciated. Does the originally fielded character go out of play or into the used pile?

A character die that is in the Field Zone and is to be swapped with a character die in the Used Pile by operation of Polymorph goes straight to the Used Pile. It does not go Out of Play, even if the controller of those dice is the active player. To "swap" dice is to literally switch places. The die moving to the Field Zone by operation of Polymorph came from the Used Pile, not from Out of Play. As a result, the die being removed from the Field Zone goes to the Used Pile, not Out of Play.
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions