Prismatic Spray vs. Magic Helmet

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Prismatic Spray vs. Magic Helmet

Postby pk2317 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:33 am

Card text:
Prismatic Spray: Lesser Spell (BFF #64) wrote:All of your opponent's characters lose all their card text until the end of the turn.

Magic Helmet: Greater Gear (BFF #93) wrote:Equip (attach to a character with {EQUIP})

This equipped character cannot be affected by your opponent's action dice or character abilities.

If I have a character equipped with a Magic Helmet, and my opponent uses Prismatic Spray, does that specific character die retain its abilities/card text? Or does Prismatic Spray override Helmet because it targets cards instead of characters?

Possibly relevant ruling:
WKRF wrote:Magic Helmet: Greater Gear would also protect the die it is equipped to. Protected copies keep their text while others are wiped.

(Source)
pk2317

Re: Prismatic Spray vs. Magic Helmet

Postby dmrulesteam » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:09 pm

pk2317 wrote:Card text:
Prismatic Spray: Lesser Spell (BFF #64) wrote:All of your opponent's characters lose all their card text until the end of the turn.

Magic Helmet: Greater Gear (BFF #93) wrote:Equip (attach to a character with {EQUIP})

This equipped character cannot be affected by your opponent's action dice or character abilities.

If I have a character equipped with a Magic Helmet, and my opponent uses Prismatic Spray, does that specific character die retain its abilities/card text? Or does Prismatic Spray override Helmet because it targets cards instead of characters?

Possibly relevant ruling:
WKRF wrote:Magic Helmet: Greater Gear would also protect the die it is equipped to. Protected copies keep their text while others are wiped.

(Source)

Magic Helmet prevents the equipped character die from being affected by Prismatic Spray. This includes preventing the loss of any Global Abilities on the associated card.
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions