Assigning Damage and Damage Dealt

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Assigning Damage and Damage Dealt

Postby dyerkitty » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:25 pm

I really didn't want to come to you folks with this because I feel like it's already been answered in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5724&p=16273&hilit=wolverine&sid=db6931198f7612749b4ad9d7416b0581#p16273

But here it is...

Lady Bullseye: Attack on Two Fronts
When fielded, double all damage dealt to target opposing character die until end of turn.

Scenario:
I have a Sidekick that's been targeted by Lady Bullseye. I also have a character with three defense.
Lady Bullseye has five attack and Overcrush.

Lady Bullseye is attacking.
I block her with both the Sidekick and the character with three defense.
Lady Bullseye assigns three of her five attack to the character with three defense, and assigns the remaining two of her attack to the Sidekick.
The character with three defense is obviously taking the three assigned damage and will be KO'd.

But there are folks that are confused about how to handle the damage assigned to the Sidekick.
Does the Sidekick take two damage, doubled to four because of Lady Bullseye's ability effect, making Overcrush apply three damage to me?

Thank you for your time!
dyerkitty

Re: Assigning Damage and Damage Dealt

Postby dmrulesteam » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:41 pm

dyerkitty wrote:I really didn't want to come to you folks with this because I feel like it's already been answered in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5724&p=16273&hilit=wolverine&sid=db6931198f7612749b4ad9d7416b0581#p16273

But here it is...

Lady Bullseye: Attack on Two Fronts
When fielded, double all damage dealt to target opposing character die until end of turn.

Scenario:
I have a Sidekick that's been targeted by Lady Bullseye. I also have a character with three defense.
Lady Bullseye has five attack and Overcrush.

Lady Bullseye is attacking.
I block her with both the Sidekick and the character with three defense.
Lady Bullseye assigns three of her five attack to the character with three defense, and assigns the remaining two of her attack to the Sidekick.
The character with three defense is obviously taking the three assigned damage and will be KO'd.

But there are folks that are confused about how to handle the damage assigned to the Sidekick.
Does the Sidekick take two damage, doubled to four because of Lady Bullseye's ability effect, making Overcrush apply three damage to me?

Thank you for your time!

This works the same as the ruling you linked to, you would take 3 damage.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions