Sidekicks and Elektra: Way of the Stick

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Sidekicks and Elektra: Way of the Stick

Postby watch28 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:43 am

"Elektra: Way of the Stick" reads: While active, your character dice with purchase cost 2 or less cannot be targeted by global abilities (yours or your opponents).

I know that Sidekick dice while in the field are level 1 characters since they only have 1 level and so by default that 1 level is considered level 1. My question is that taking into consideration both the spirit of that ruling and the above game text, are Sidekick dice protected by Elektra while she's active? I would consider sidekick dice in the field as a zero purchase cost since you never have to purchase them, and thus they'd fall under the protection clause of "characters with 2 or less purchase cost."

Is this correct?
watch28

Re: Sidekicks and Elektra: Way of the Stick

Postby dmrulesteam » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:00 am

watch28 wrote:"Elektra: Way of the Stick" reads: While active, your character dice with purchase cost 2 or less cannot be targeted by global abilities (yours or your opponents).

I know that Sidekick dice while in the field are level 1 characters since they only have 1 level and so by default that 1 level is considered level 1. My question is that taking into consideration both the spirit of that ruling and the above game text, are Sidekick dice protected by Elektra while she's active? I would consider sidekick dice in the field as a zero purchase cost since you never have to purchase them, and thus they'd fall under the protection clause of "characters with 2 or less purchase cost."

Is this correct?

This is correct.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions