Luke Cage: Street Sweeper clarifications

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Luke Cage: Street Sweeper clarifications

Postby woozlewozzle » Wed May 17, 2017 1:20 pm

I want to be clear about how "Luke Cage: Street Sweeper" works.

Luke Cage: Street Sweeper wrote:While Luke Cage is active, other Defenders characters cost 1 less to purchase. Whenever you field another Defenders character die, draw a die from your bag and add it to your Prep Area.

Let's break this down into two parts.

Part 1: "While Luke Cage is active, other Defenders characters cost 1 less to purchase."
I believe that "other ___ characters" never refers to the character that text is printed on, so that having any number of Luke Cage dice would not make other "Luke Cage: Street Sweeper" dice cheaper, correct?

Part 2: "Whenever you field another Defenders character die, draw a die from your bag and add it to your Prep Area."
a) This part does not say "While active," but based on previous rulings, I believe it should be treated as if it said so, carrying that text over from the previous mechanic on the same card. Correct?

b) Since this sentence checks for "another ___ die" it would trigger whenever you field another "Luke Cage: Street Sweeper" die. Correct?

Thanks!
woozlewozzle

Re: Luke Cage: Street Sweeper clarifications

Postby dmrulesteam » Tue May 30, 2017 3:54 pm

woozlewozzle wrote:I want to be clear about how "Luke Cage: Street Sweeper" works.

Luke Cage: Street Sweeper wrote:While Luke Cage is active, other Defenders characters cost 1 less to purchase. Whenever you field another Defenders character die, draw a die from your bag and add it to your Prep Area.

Let's break this down into two parts.

Part 1: "While Luke Cage is active, other Defenders characters cost 1 less to purchase."
I believe that "other ___ characters" never refers to the character that text is printed on, so that having any number of Luke Cage dice would not make other "Luke Cage: Street Sweeper" dice cheaper, correct?

Part 2: "Whenever you field another Defenders character die, draw a die from your bag and add it to your Prep Area."
a) This part does not say "While active," but based on previous rulings, I believe it should be treated as if it said so, carrying that text over from the previous mechanic on the same card. Correct?

b) Since this sentence checks for "another ___ die" it would trigger whenever you field another "Luke Cage: Street Sweeper" die. Correct?

Thanks!

1) Luke Cage doesn't give himself a discount.
2) Luke Cage needs to be active for both parts of his ability.
EDIT: 2b) Luke Cage would get to use the 2nd part of his ability when you field another Luke Cage: Street Sweeper die.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions