Cassie Sandsmark and Targeting

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Cassie Sandsmark and Targeting

Postby memmek » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:25 pm

Wondergirl: Cassie Sandsmark reads
While Wonder Girl is active, when a teen titan character die is targeted, you may choose an opponent's character die as the new target for that effect.

Batgirl: Commish's Daughter reads
While Batgirl is active, your opponent may not target your character dice with character abilities.

If I have Cassie in my field and no other characters, and my opponent has Batgirl in theirs, may I redirect an action effect or global that originally targeted Cassie to my opponent?

Thanks!
memmek

Re: Cassie Sandsmark and Targeting

Postby dmrulesteam » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:02 pm

memmek wrote:Wondergirl: Cassie Sandsmark reads
While Wonder Girl is active, when a teen titan character die is targeted, you may choose an opponent's character die as the new target for that effect.

Batgirl: Commish's Daughter reads
While Batgirl is active, your opponent may not target your character dice with character abilities.

If I have Cassie in my field and no other characters, and my opponent has Batgirl in theirs, may I redirect an action effect or global that originally targeted Cassie to my opponent?

Thanks!

There are 3 important things we'd like to address here as they relate to targeting, redirecting, and Cassie Sandsmark in particular.

1) You can't target things that can't be targeted, even on the redirect. So no, Cassie can't target Commish's Daughter.
2) You can't redirect things to players (from dice) that couldn't have targeted players to begin with. For example, you can't redirect Magic Missile's Global Ability to damage a player. In some cases, it doesn't make sense, like giving a player Overcrush.
3) Cassie Sandsmark dictates that the target must be new - it can't be a character die that has previously been targeted by that effect. For example, Power Bolt would deal 2 damage to Player A's Cassie. They redirect it to Player B's Cassie. Player A's Cassie is no longer a valid target for Player B's redirect.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions