Regenerate Clarifications

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Regenerate Clarifications

Postby memmek » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:48 pm

Per the Iron Man Global - Villain Afilliation, we learned that Regenerate is a "KO replacement" effect.

Regenerate: If this character would be KO’d, roll it. If you roll a character face, return it to the field on the rolled face (but not the Attack Zone). Otherwise, move the die to your Prep Area. (DDDM1)

1) What happens if I use a character with Regenerate to pay for a cost, such as Fabricate or Enlistment, and the character Regenerates successfully?

Fabricate: Characters with Fabricate will have 2 numbers (X-Y). If you KO X characters with total purchase cost Y or more, you can purchase the die with Fabricate X-Y for free. (DDDM 2)

Enlistment: Enlistment effects let you get extra effects unless your opponent KOs one of their character dice. (MDM5)

2) What happens if I had a character with Resistance and I successfully Regenerate a different character? Do I get the extra effects?

Resistance: Resistance effects let you get extra effects if one of your character dice was KO’d this turn. (MDM5)
memmek

Re: Regenerate Clarifications

Postby dmrulesteam » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:41 am

memmek wrote:Per the Iron Man Global - Villain Afilliation, we learned that Regenerate is a "KO replacement" effect.

Regenerate: If this character would be KO’d, roll it. If you roll a character face, return it to the field on the rolled face (but not the Attack Zone). Otherwise, move the die to your Prep Area. (DDDM1)

1) What happens if I use a character with Regenerate to pay for a cost, such as Fabricate or Enlistment, and the character Regenerates successfully?

Fabricate: Characters with Fabricate will have 2 numbers (X-Y). If you KO X characters with total purchase cost Y or more, you can purchase the die with Fabricate X-Y for free. (DDDM 2)

Enlistment: Enlistment effects let you get extra effects unless your opponent KOs one of their character dice. (MDM5)

2) What happens if I had a character with Resistance and I successfully Regenerate a different character? Do I get the extra effects?

Resistance: Resistance effects let you get extra effects if one of your character dice was KO’d this turn. (MDM5)

Please note - this post has received an edit from its original content due to an internal miscommunication - we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

1) If the character die Regenerates successfully after they've been KO'd for Fabricate, both Fabricate and Regenerate function normally (the die is bought, the KO is replaced).
If the character die Regenerates successfully after being KO'd to stop an Enlistment effect, the bonus your opponent would receive from the Enlistment effect doesn't happen.
Part of why this works is that when you initiate the effect, the character die that would be KO'd could be KO'd. There is no certainty that it remains in the Field Zone. A character die with Iron Will may not be KO'd for Fabricate (or other costs) if Iron Will would definitely prevent the KO. So if a character die with Iron Will has taken damage, they can be KO'd for Fabricate or Enlistment.

2) If you had a character that would be KO'd but isn't due to a Regenerate or Iron Will keyword you won't get your Resistance effects. [This is unedited from the original posting]

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
Last edited by dmrulesteam on Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Partially incorrect ruling regarding Iron Will has been fixed
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions