RE: Regenerate Clarification - UC Hush & UC Black Adam

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

RE: Regenerate Clarification - UC Hush & UC Black Adam

Postby baldini » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:49 pm

Question regarding the interaction between UC Hush and UC Black Adam per the previous ruling regarding regenerate:

UC Hush states that "While Hush is active, when a batman affiliated character die is in the field zone, KO Hush and add a die from your bag to your prep area."

UC Black Adam states that "While Black Adam is Active, all Villain character die gain REGENERATE."

If I have an active Black Adam and Hush in the field zone and my opponent has an active batman affiliated character die in his field zone, which of the following is true:
1.) Hush will "KO" and I will add a die from my bag to my prep area then I reroll Hush for regenerate. If Hush regenerates, I can trigger the effect again immediately until he fails to regenerate.

or

2.) Hush's effect would only trigger if the re-roll for regenerate failed? (because according to the rules, regenerate is a KO replacement and Hush's effect is contingent upon him being KO'd)

Thank You
baldini

Re: RE: Regenerate Clarification - UC Hush & UC Black Adam

Postby dmrulesteam » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:27 am

baldini wrote:Question regarding the interaction between UC Hush and UC Black Adam per the previous ruling regarding regenerate:

UC Hush states that "While Hush is active, when a batman affiliated character die is in the field zone, KO Hush and add a die from your bag to your prep area."

UC Black Adam states that "While Black Adam is Active, all Villain character die gain REGENERATE."

If I have an active Black Adam and Hush in the field zone and my opponent has an active batman affiliated character die in his field zone, which of the following is true:
1.) Hush will "KO" and I will add a die from my bag to my prep area then I reroll Hush for regenerate. If Hush regenerates, I can trigger the effect again immediately until he fails to regenerate.

or

2.) Hush's effect would only trigger if the re-roll for regenerate failed? (because according to the rules, regenerate is a KO replacement and Hush's effect is contingent upon him being KO'd)

Thank You

From a technical standpoint, Hush would have Regenerate, and each time he successfully used it he would replace getting KO'd with returning to the Field Zone, where he'd be KO'd again, attempting to Regenerate again.

From a practical standpoint, there is only one way for this to end: Hush fails to Regenerate, is KO'd, and allows you to Prep a die. If there is nothing that happens based on how many times Hush regenerates, you should skip straight to him being KO'd and not waste both players' time.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions