Iron Fist vs Storm and Cosmic Cube

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Iron Fist vs Storm and Cosmic Cube

Postby ccm00007 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:51 pm

Hi,

I have a question about how Iron Fist: The Immortal interacts with Cosmic Cube: Energy of the Beyonders and Storm: Extra Lightning.

Iron Fist's first ability (the one relevant for this question) reads: "While Iron Fist is active, reduce damage from opposing character abilities by 1".

Storm's ability reads: "While Storm is active, when you use an action die, deal 1 damage to target opponent or target character die."

Cosmic Cube reads: "Whenever an Action die or character ability deals damage this turn, increase that damage by 2."

If I have Iron Fist active and my opponent uses Cosmic Cube while Storm is active (which normally would deal 3 damage since Cosmic Cube resolves before Storm triggers)), which of the following happens?

1) Iron Fist prevents one of the three damage dealt by Storm and Cosmic Cube, so I take 2 damage.

2) Since Iron Fist prevents Storm's damage, Cosmic Cube does not meet the condition for it to trigger (namely, that a character ability or action deals damage), so I take 0 damage.

Thank you for your time.
ccm00007

Re: Iron Fist vs Storm and Cosmic Cube

Postby dmrulesteam » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:09 pm

ccm00007 wrote:Hi,

I have a question about how Iron Fist: The Immortal interacts with Cosmic Cube: Energy of the Beyonders and Storm: Extra Lightning.

Iron Fist's first ability (the one relevant for this question) reads: "While Iron Fist is active, reduce damage from opposing character abilities by 1".

Storm's ability reads: "While Storm is active, when you use an action die, deal 1 damage to target opponent or target character die."

Cosmic Cube reads: "Whenever an Action die or character ability deals damage this turn, increase that damage by 2."

If I have Iron Fist active and my opponent uses Cosmic Cube while Storm is active (which normally would deal 3 damage since Cosmic Cube resolves before Storm triggers)), which of the following happens?

1) Iron Fist prevents one of the three damage dealt by Storm and Cosmic Cube, so I take 2 damage.

2) Since Iron Fist prevents Storm's damage, Cosmic Cube does not meet the condition for it to trigger (namely, that a character ability or action deals damage), so I take 0 damage.

Thank you for your time.

In your situation, Iron Fist would prevent one of the three damage dealt by Storm, and you would take two damage.

Also, if your opponent had used two Cosmic Cubes, they would stack, and you would take four damage in your situation.
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions