The Collector and Shriek Sonic Beam

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

The Collector and Shriek Sonic Beam

Postby k_pitt001 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:42 pm

This question is really about any character that your opponent has that renames characters when you field them, Rare Collector allows you to purchase any character die and field it at L1 and Shriek Sonic Beam says that she blanks a character card.

Question is what happens if I Field my opponent's Shriek.

1. Does it do nothing, even though I control it fielded ability doesn't work because it is opponent's die.
2. Does it blank a character but have no bearing on my opponent's choices.
3. Does it blank a character and take the place of my choice essentially renaming my Shriek.
4. Does it blank a character and rename my opponent's Shriek choice.
5. Something I have not thought of (Please Explain)
k_pitt001

Re: The Collector and Shriek Sonic Beam

Postby dmrulesteam » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:06 pm

k_pitt001 wrote:This question is really about any character that your opponent has that renames characters when you field them, Rare Collector allows you to purchase any character die and field it at L1 and Shriek Sonic Beam says that she blanks a character card.

Question is what happens if I Field my opponent's Shriek.

1. Does it do nothing, even though I control it fielded ability doesn't work because it is opponent's die.
2. Does it blank a character but have no bearing on my opponent's choices.
3. Does it blank a character and take the place of my choice essentially renaming my Shriek.
4. Does it blank a character and rename my opponent's Shriek choice.
5. Something I have not thought of (Please Explain)

Your options appear to assume that both you and your opponent have Shriek: Sonic Beam on your teams and fielded.

In this situation, if you used The Collector: Taneleer Tivan to field a Shriek character die from your opponent's card, it would blank a character card without impacting the choices you or your opponent previously made. In other words, a third character card could be blank until the end of the turn without altering the targets of either Shriek character dice that were already yin the field. This is, in effect, your option (2).
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions