Question about the common Green Devil Mask

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Question about the common Green Devil Mask

Postby marimccabe71 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:07 pm

I saw this card spoiled on the Reserve Pool and I had a question about how it works. It says it triggers when my opponent has 4 active characters. Does this mean any 4 dice active in the Field zone or do they have to be 4 different dice?
marimccabe71

Re: Question about the common Green Devil Mask

Postby dmrulesteam » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:19 pm

marimccabe71 wrote:I saw this card spoiled on the Reserve Pool and I had a question about how it works. It says it triggers when my opponent has 4 active characters. Does this mean any 4 dice active in the Field zone or do they have to be 4 different dice?

The relevant language on the card you reference is:

“Trigger: Your opponent has 4 or more active character dice.”

A character die is active if it is in the Field Zone. Thus, Green Devil Mask: Lesser Trap triggers when there are 4 or more character dice in your opponent’s Field Zone. It does not matter if those 4 dice are the same or different characters—Green Devil Mask would trigger regardless.

If Green Devil Mask required your opponent to have 4 or more active “characters,” rather than “character dice,” 4 unique characters would need to be in your opponent’s Field Zone for Green Devil Mask to trigger. But that is not the case given how the card is worded.
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions