SR Yuan-Ti Pureblood vs. "Active Character Dice"

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

SR Yuan-Ti Pureblood vs. "Active Character Dice"

Postby dmarmada » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:40 pm

Good morning!

Super Rare Yuan-Ti Pureblood reads:

Attune (While this character is active, when you use an action die, deal 1 damage to target player or character die.)

While Yuan-Ti Pureblood is active, when you purchase an action die, trigger the Attune ability of all active character dice.

Two questions about this card!

1. If I have 4 Yuan-Ti Pureblood dice active and I purchased an action die, would each Yuan-Tie Pureblood die deal 1 (as all are active character dice) to a total of 4 damage, or would only one Yuan-Ti Pureblood die deal damage (the weaker of the two outcomes)? My first inclination would be the former as it jives with this recent ruling (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14005) but clarity is always appreciated!

2. Would this ability trigger EACH time I purchase an action die, or would the ability only trigger the FIRST time I purchase an action die.

Thanks for all that you do!
dmarmada

Re: SR Yuan-Ti Pureblood vs. "Active Character Dice"

Postby dmrulesteam » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:00 pm

dmarmada wrote:Good morning!

Super Rare Yuan-Ti Pureblood reads:

Attune (While this character is active, when you use an action die, deal 1 damage to target player or character die.)

While Yuan-Ti Pureblood is active, when you purchase an action die, trigger the Attune ability of all active character dice.

Two questions about this card!

1. If I have 4 Yuan-Ti Pureblood dice active and I purchased an action die, would each Yuan-Tie Pureblood die deal 1 (as all are active character dice) to a total of 4 damage, or would only one Yuan-Ti Pureblood die deal damage (the weaker of the two outcomes)? My first inclination would be the former as it jives with this recent ruling (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14005) but clarity is always appreciated!

2. Would this ability trigger EACH time I purchase an action die, or would the ability only trigger the FIRST time I purchase an action die.

Thanks for all that you do!

1. Attune is a "while active" ability. As a result, it triggers only once regardless of the number of character dice that are active for a given character. In your example, only one damage would be done.

2. The ability triggers each time you purchase an action die. It is not limited to once per turn.
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions