(D&D) Multiple resurrection usage

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

(D&D) Multiple resurrection usage

Postby dond72 » Sat May 09, 2015 8:22 pm

In case my opponent and myself , both of us play resurrection on our teams, can I use its global twice? Once per each card? Is it the same for red dragon's global?

Thanks
dond72

Re: (D&D) Multiple resurrection usage

Postby dmrulesteam » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:15 pm

In case my opponent and myself , both of us play resurrection on our teams, can I use its global twice? Once per each card? Is it the same for red dragon's global?

If both players have identical cards that have Global Abilities that are limited to use once per turn, each player may play the Global Ability on each card once per turn, effectively permitting the ability to be used twice per turn.

The relevant text from the FAQ is as follows:

Marvel Dice Masters FAQ – 9/22/2014:
15) Q: If a Global Ability says I may only use it once per turn, can I use my copy and my opponent’s copy of the same ability?
The short answer is yes! It doesn’t matter if you have the same exact character (two Silver Surfer, Sky-Riders) as your opponent, or two different versions of the same character (Silverado and Sky-Rider).

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Postby jaymo » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:49 pm

If my opponent and I each brought Villainous Pact could I pay 2 masks simultaneously, such as from an action die that only has double-masks as energy faces, during my main phase to active them both since my Prep Area is empty when I make the payment?

Villainous Pact Global: Pay [1 Mask]. Once per turn, during your turn, if you have no dice in your Prep Area, you may draw a die and place it in your Prep Area.
jaymo

Postby dmrulesteam » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:03 pm

jaymo wrote:If my opponent and I each brought Villainous Pact could I pay 2 masks simultaneously, such as from an action die that only has double-masks as energy faces, during my main phase to active them both since my Prep Area is empty when I make the payment?

Villainous Pact Global: Pay [1 Mask]. Once per turn, during your turn, if you have no dice in your Prep Area, you may draw a die and place it in your Prep Area.

You'd be able to pay for both effects at once, but only able to resolve one at a time.

The first would succeed, the second would find you had a die on your Prep Area and do nothing. When you paid for the effect, it would've produced a result so this isn't a case of paying energy for no effect.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions