Catwoman: Nine Lives

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Catwoman: Nine Lives

Postby jhoratio » Mon May 11, 2015 10:48 am

When fielded, name a character die. Draw a die from your opponent’s bag, if it is the named die, you may field it this turn and attack with it. If you do, put it into your opponent’s Used Pile at end of turn. Return any unnamed dice to your opponent’s bag.

Please clarify Catwoman: Nine Lives ability. May any character face be fielded? Would the player pay the fielding cost associated with the chosen face? I would assume that the Catwoman player may field any face they can afford to pay for.

Also, I assume that fielding and attacking are a package deal - i.e. you can't field then choose not to attack.
jhoratio

Re: Catwoman: Nine Lives

Postby dmrulesteam » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:33 pm

When fielded, name a character die. Draw a die from your opponent’s bag, if it is the named die, you may field it this turn and attack with it. If you do, put it into your opponent’s Used Pile at end of turn. Return any unnamed dice to your opponent’s bag.

Please clarify Catwoman: Nine Lives ability. May any character face be fielded? Would the player pay the fielding cost associated with the chosen face? I would assume that the Catwoman player may field any face they can afford to pay for.

Also, I assume that fielding and attacking are a package deal - i.e. you can't field then choose not to attack.

If you draw the named die, you may choose to field it for free. If you do, you field it on its level one face and you must attack with it. You are correct that it is a “packaged deal” in that you must attack with it if you choose to field it. If you do not field it, put it in your opponent’s Used Pile at the end of the turn. If a game effect would prevent the character die from attacking, you may still field it. If a game effect prevents you from attacking with this character die, still put it into your opponent's Used Pile at end of turn.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions