Warth - Hope Burns Bright

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Warth - Hope Burns Bright

Postby bahamut7 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:55 pm

Warth - Hope Burns Bright states, "When fielded, you may use the 'when fielded' effect of one of your active characters."

When you use his ability, is the Warth die using the effect or is it the original die? For example, if my opponent has Hyperion - Avenger active (While Hyperion is active, villain characters can't use their "when fielded" effects) and I field Gobby with 4 sidekicks already fielded, and than I field Warth. What happens? Gobby obviously would fail to fire because he is a villain, but what about when Warth gets fielded? He is not a villain. If Warth is causing Gobby to reuse his ability, the damage obviously fizzles, but if Warth is indeed the one that is using the ability, than it should fire off.

The same question of who is using the the ability also applies to when using the heroic ability from uncanny (unless Warth is completely not allowed to use this ability since his card lacks the Heroic text).

There are more examples where which die is actually using the ability is crucial and therefore this card has been viciously debated. We, the players, would like a simple answer that clarifies this once and for all.

Thank you for your time.
bahamut7

Re: Warth - Hope Burns Bright

Postby dmrulesteam » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:02 pm

bahamut7 wrote:Warth - Hope Burns Bright states, "When fielded, you may use the 'when fielded' effect of one of your active characters."

When you use his ability, is the Warth die using the effect or is it the original die? For example, if my opponent has Hyperion - Avenger active (While Hyperion is active, villain characters can't use their "when fielded" effects) and I field Gobby with 4 sidekicks already fielded, and than I field Warth. What happens? Gobby obviously would fail to fire because he is a villain, but what about when Warth gets fielded? He is not a villain. If Warth is causing Gobby to reuse his ability, the damage obviously fizzles, but if Warth is indeed the one that is using the ability, than it should fire off.

The same question of who is using the the ability also applies to when using the heroic ability from uncanny (unless Warth is completely not allowed to use this ability since his card lacks the Heroic text).

There are more examples where which die is actually using the ability is crucial and therefore this card has been viciously debated. We, the players, would like a simple answer that clarifies this once and for all.

Thank you for your time.

In the first case, Warth uses the effect as if it is his, since he is the character who was just fielded.

In the second case, Warth cannot use Heroic. It is a different keyword that happens to trigger when fielded.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions