OP 12 Question

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: DND Mods

OP 12 Question

Postby werlen » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:53 pm

How do this scenario's special rules interact with spells (Ice Storm, Cloud Kill, Entangle, and Sleet Storm) that require making an attack to create an area of continuous effect?

My assumption would be they would have to be in the area when the spell is activated. What about in subsequent rounds if the nemesis creature has left the area does the spell end even if it has timer tokens left?
werlen

Re: OP 12 Question

Postby dndrulesteam » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:58 pm

The nemesis must be in the area when the spell is cast. On subsequent rounds, anyone can be affected by the spell's effects, even if the nemesis has left the area.
dndrulesteam

Postby cest_madness » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:56 am

How would 'summons' work...In regards to summoned Wraiths and Air Alemental tokens?

In previous rulings it was mentioned they were their own creatures, so can they freely attack other targets besides the summoner's nemesis, OR are the limited to only attacking only the corresponding nemesis OR can they attack neither way since they themselves have no assigned nemesis?

I'm referring to this part of the OP rules:
'Because of Demogorgon’s inspired madness,
individual creatures from each legion have been set
against each other, with each creature paired against
the opposing creature with the identically numbered
objective token, and this opposing creature is
referred to as the creature’s “nemesis” throughout
these rules. As such, no creature may initiate an
attack that does not target its nemesis.
'

I was curious if that exerpt only affects the original, numbered creatures at setup.
cest_madness

Postby dndrulesteam » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:28 am

cest_madness wrote:How would 'summons' work...In regards to summoned Wraiths and Air Alemental tokens?

In previous rulings it was mentioned they were their own creatures, so can they freely attack other targets besides the summoner's nemesis, OR are the limited to only attacking only the corresponding nemesis OR can they attack neither way since they themselves have no assigned nemesis?

I'm referring to this part of the OP rules:
'Because of Demogorgon’s inspired madness,
individual creatures from each legion have been set
against each other, with each creature paired against
the opposing creature with the identically numbered
objective token, and this opposing creature is
referred to as the creature’s “nemesis” throughout
these rules. As such, no creature may initiate an
attack that does not target its nemesis.
'

I was curious if that exerpt only affects the original, numbered creatures at setup.

Mechanically, this is an ambiguous situation, so we will defer to the theme and say that summoned creatures can only attack the summoning creature's nemesis. Summoned creatures will also be removed from play when the summoner's nemesis has been defeated.
dndrulesteam

Return to Dungeons and Dragons Attack Wing Rules Questions