True Strike

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: DND Mods

True Strike

Postby cest_madness » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:10 pm

Action: Place 1 DT on this Upgrade.

Continuous Effect: During your next attack, you may choose any number of your attack dice and re-roll them. Afterwards, you may convert all of your Concentrate results into Hit results. After that attack ends, you must remove your True Strike Effect Token from play and discard this card.

Referring to the spell above, does the affect apply to one attack roll or a whole attack; for example, would (A:) using this in combination with a breath weapon hitting multiple creatures allow you to use the effect on each roll since it's one attack initiation
or (B:) would the rolling against just one target count as the whole next attack?

Examples:
Balagos uses a fire breath engulfing two creatures. He used true strike as his action this turn.
A: He rolls 2 hits and 3 misses. Re-rolls the misses and gets a crit and 2 Concentrates, tunring the attack into 4 hits and a crit. He then attacks creature 2, also using the effect. He rolls 1 hit, 2 crits, and two eyes and converts the eyes into hits for : 3 hits, and 2 crits.

B: He would have to chose which target to roll against, roll his dice, then choose to use the effect or not...if he chooses the first target, he cannot use it against the second. If he choses not to use it against the first, he couldn't use it on the second either.

I don't know if I demonstrated my question enough but any info. would be helpful. :? It's a low-cost upgrade so I feel like it might only count for one roll, but at the same time it's a discard card that only lasts for one turn (and requires you to have an action available).
cest_madness

Re: True Strike

Postby dndrulesteam » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:22 am

cest_madness wrote:
Action: Place 1 DT on this Upgrade.

Continuous Effect: During your next attack, you may choose any number of your attack dice and re-roll them. Afterwards, you may convert all of your Concentrate results into Hit results. After that attack ends, you must remove your True Strike Effect Token from play and discard this card.

Referring to the spell above, does the affect apply to one attack roll or a whole attack; for example, would (A:) using this in combination with a breath weapon hitting multiple creatures allow you to use the effect on each roll since it's one attack initiation
or (B:) would the rolling against just one target count as the whole next attack?

Examples:
Balagos uses a fire breath engulfing two creatures. He used true strike as his action this turn.
A: He rolls 2 hits and 3 misses. Re-rolls the misses and gets a crit and 2 Concentrates, tunring the attack into 4 hits and a crit. He then attacks creature 2, also using the effect. He rolls 1 hit, 2 crits, and two eyes and converts the eyes into hits for : 3 hits, and 2 crits.

B: He would have to chose which target to roll against, roll his dice, then choose to use the effect or not...if he chooses the first target, he cannot use it against the second. If he choses not to use it against the first, he couldn't use it on the second either.

I don't know if I demonstrated my question enough but any info. would be helpful. :? It's a low-cost upgrade so I feel like it might only count for one roll, but at the same time it's a discard card that only lasts for one turn (and requires you to have an action available).

True Strike only counts for the first actual attack roll, even when using a breath weapon against multiple creatures.
dndrulesteam

Return to Dungeons and Dragons Attack Wing Rules Questions