Wave 9.5 Deep Space Nine - Quark and new Shuttlecraft rules

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Star Trek Mods

Wave 9.5 Deep Space Nine - Quark and new Shuttlecraft rules

Postby vitoga » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:28 pm

Quark allows you to hide a card beneath it. There is a question about what kind of card can be placed under Quark if Quark is on Shuttlecraft.
Can Quark place a card with a cost greater than 3 on a Shuttlecraft?
Assume that Quark would not flip and equip the card that cost greater than 3 SP until after he transfers to a new ship while the shuttlecraft is docked.

Here is the example of cards placed on Quark's shuttle.
- Quark's Treasure (shuttlecraft)
- Quark (crew)
- Shield Adaptation: (tech) This is the card under Quark which comes with a cost of 5SP if it was not under Quark.

The new rule book has a new 3 SP rule, it states on page 22 in the Shuttlecraft section
Code: Select all
 You cannot equip cards to a Shuttlecraft with a cost of more than 3 SP (including face down cards)

Quark states
Code: Select all
At the start of the game, place 1 non-Borg Tech or Weapon Upgrade with a cost of 5 or less face down beneath this card. At any time, you may discard Quark to flip the Upgrade that his beneath this card face up and deploy it to your ship, even if it exceeds your ships restrictions.
vitoga

Re: Wave 9.5 Deep Space Nine - Quark and new Shuttlecraft ru

Postby stawrulesteam » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:16 am

Rule 3 of Shuttlecrafts on page 22 of the rulebook:

3. You cannot equip cards to a Shuttlecraft with a cost of more
than 3 SP (including face down cards).

Shield Adaptation is 5 SP card and cannot be put under Quark on a Shuttlecraft.
stawrulesteam

Postby jdvanderjagt » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:17 pm

Should cards of more than 3SP be read to say cards with a PRINTED cost of more than 3 SP?
jdvanderjagt

Postby stawrulesteam » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:31 pm

jdvanderjagt wrote:Should cards of more than 3SP be read to say cards with a PRINTED cost of more than 3 SP?

No, it's discounted cost. Looking at how Quark himself works, if I have a 6 SP weapon that got discounted by Calvin Hudson to 5 SP, I could then hide that weapon under Quark because it's not 5 SP or less. In that same vein, I could not take that Quark and Calvin Hudson and put it on a shuttlecraft because that card would cost 5 SP were you to deploy it to that shuttlecraft. However, if I added Sakonna into the mix and discounted that weapon by an additional 2 to a total of 3 SP, I could put that card under Quark and put Quark on a shuttlecraft because it meet both Quark's 5 SP restriction and the shuttlecraft's 3 SP restriction.
stawrulesteam

Return to Star Trek: Attack Wing Rules Questions