Wave 24 - IRW Algeron - IRW Algeron

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Star Trek Mods

Wave 24 - IRW Algeron - IRW Algeron

Postby shran » Wed May 04, 2016 7:26 am

The Algeron's text says "When Attacking with your Primary Weapon [...] during the Declare Target step, you may perform a 1 [straight] before choosing an enemy ship to attack."
My question are these:

- Do I need to have a valid target (a target within range and arc) before I can use the Algeron's ability?
- If I need to have a valid target before using the Algeron's ability, can I choose another valid target after?
- Do I need to have a valid target at all after I used the Algeron's ability? I assume not.
- What happens if I don't have a valid target after I used the Algeron's ability? I assume I simply forgo my attack.
shran

Re: Wave 24 - IRW Algeron - IRW Algeron

Postby stawrulesteam » Thu May 19, 2016 8:40 am

shran wrote:The Algeron's text says "When Attacking with your Primary Weapon [...] during the Declare Target step, you may perform a 1 [straight] before choosing an enemy ship to attack."
My question are these:

- Do I need to have a valid target (a target within range and arc) before I can use the Algeron's ability?
- If I need to have a valid target before using the Algeron's ability, can I choose another valid target after?
- Do I need to have a valid target at all after I used the Algeron's ability? I assume not.
- What happens if I don't have a valid target after I used the Algeron's ability? I assume I simply forgo my attack.

1. Yes you need a valid target to declare an Attack
2. No, the target of your attack may not change due to you moving.
3. If you move and the target of your attack is no longer in your arc or range, your attack is canceled and you may not declare another attack that round.
stawrulesteam

Return to Star Trek: Attack Wing Rules Questions