End Phase Order

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Star Trek Mods

End Phase Order

Postby darkarth » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:44 am

Is there an order to the End Phase?

In the current rulebook it reads as:
Cloak Tokens that were flipped to their red sides be removed. Cloak Tokens still on their green sides may stay in play if their owners elect to keep their ship’s Shields disabled. If the Cloak Token was currently positioned on top of the ship’s base, place it beside the ship to indicate that the ship has been Cloaked for more than one turn and can no longer be Target Locked. If a Cloak Token is removed from a ship (regardless if it was on its green or red side) immediately enable all disabled Shields on that ship.
• Each player may flip all of their Disabled Shield Tokens (red) back to their Active sides (blue). This is free and does not count as an Action. This has no effect on Damaged Shield Tokens (i.e. Shield Tokens removed during Combat).
• All players remove unused Scan, Evade, and Battle Stations Tokens from their ships; unused Target Lock Tokens remain on the table.
• Some card abilities or Missions may instruct players to resolve certain effects during the End Phase. If this is the case, do so now

Are these steps followed in order or can I execute them when ever I please? For instance with Genesis Effect can I drop my shields, perform the ships ability and then re-enable them?

Genesis effect:

END PHASE: If this ship is within Range of a Planet Token, disable all of its Shields. Flip the [CREW] Upgrade beneath this card face up, place 2 [TIME] Tokens on it, and equip it to this ship, even if it exceeds its restrictions. [RANGE 1-3]
darkarth

Re: End Phase Order

Postby stawrulesteam » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:44 pm

The order in which things happen:

1. ""Start of the End Phase"" - Any card which references the ""End Phase"" will occur first (because of the Timing rules on Page 21). Any cards which could happen at any time will also occur at the start of the end phase. If there are multiple of these effects, they are resolved in the order of the player's choice. If Multiple players have effects that need to resolve at the start of the end phase use the initiative rules on page 18. Or if an (older) card mentions that it happens at the start of the End Phase that would happen now.

2. Then the list of things on Page 8 Step 4 can happen in the order of a player's choice. Cards that state ""during the end phase"" (fifth bullet item) would happen here. Again if Multiple game effects occur at the same time these are resolved using the TIMING RULES (on page 18 of the rulebook).

Keep in mind that the initiative player resolves ALL of their abilities before the non-initiative player at each step in the End Phase.
stawrulesteam

Postby dmontgomery » Wed May 16, 2018 6:32 am

stawrulesteam wrote:The order in which things happen:

1. ""Start of the End Phase"" - Any card which references the ""End Phase"" will occur first (because of the Timing rules on Page 21). Any cards which could happen at any time will also occur at the start of the end phase. If there are multiple of these effects, they are resolved in the order of the player's choice. If Multiple players have effects that need to resolve at the start of the end phase use the initiative rules on page 18. Or if an (older) card mentions that it happens at the start of the End Phase that would happen now.

2. Then the list of things on Page 8 Step 4 can happen in the order of a player's choice. Cards that state ""during the end phase"" (fifth bullet item) would happen here. Again if Multiple game effects occur at the same time these are resolved using the TIMING RULES (on page 18 of the rulebook).

Keep in mind that the initiative player resolves ALL of their abilities before the non-initiative player at each step in the End Phase.

Does this override the rulebook on page 17?
Any player can request that players act one by one in ascending order of Captain Skill. If two or more Captains have the same Captain Skill, the ship whose player has the Initiative performs these activities last.
dmontgomery

Postby stawrulesteam » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:42 pm

dmontgomery wrote:
stawrulesteam wrote:The order in which things happen:

Does this override the rulebook on page 17?
Any player can request that players act one by one in ascending order of Captain Skill. If two or more Captains have the same Captain Skill, the ship whose player has the Initiative performs these activities last.

We understand where the confusion is and have revised the above to the following:

Think of this as two steps within the End Phase:

1. ""Start of the End Phase"" - Any card which references the ""End Phase"" will occur first (because of the Timing rules on Page 21). Any cards which could happen at any time will also occur at the start of the end phase. If there are multiple effects that occur at the beginning of the End Phase, they are resolved in the order of the player's choice. If multiple players have effects that need to resolve at the start of the End Phase use the initiative rules on page 18. Keep in mind that the initiative player resolves ALL of their abilities before the non-initiative player for abilities that occur at the start of the End Phase.

2. Then the list of bullets on Page 17 under End Phase can happen in the order of a player's choice. Cards that state ""during the end phase"" (fourth bullet item) would happen here. Per page 17 either player can request that ships perform these steps in ascending order of Captain Skill. If multiple players have ships with the same Captain Skill, the ship whose player has the Initiative performs these steps last.

An expanded example:

You and I both have abilities to resolve at the start of the End Phase, but I have Initiative. I resolve all of my start of End Phase abilities, then you resolve all of yours.

Then, you ask to resolve the End Phase bullets in order of ascending Captain Skill. We both have a ship with Captain Skill 9 and, because I have the Initiative, you perform the steps described in the bullets first.
stawrulesteam

Return to Star Trek: Attack Wing Rules Questions