Admiral Gint and Rules of Aquisition

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Star Trek Mods

Admiral Gint and Rules of Aquisition

Postby admiralgross » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:12 am

With the advent of gold pressed latinum tokens and Ferengi admirals I am curious, if I were to use admiral Gint to purchase the rules of acquisition talent would I need a Ferengi captain as well in order to use it or will Gint fulfill that requirement?
admiralgross

Re: Admiral Gint and Rules of Aquisition

Postby stawrulesteam » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:55 pm

You would need a Ferengi Captain to place the GPLT on.
stawrulesteam

Postby rbliss » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:17 pm

Does this mean that only Ferengi captains can use GPLT? For example Gral and Nava give GPLT to the captain equipped to their ship. They must be on a Ferengi ship, but what happens if that ship has a non-Ferengi captain? Can Gral and Nava give a non-Ferengi captain GPLT and can he then use it?
rbliss

Postby stawrulesteam » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:10 pm

rbliss wrote:Does this mean that only Ferengi captains can use GPLT? For example Gral and Nava give GPLT to the captain equipped to their ship. They must be on a Ferengi ship, but what happens if that ship has a non-Ferengi captain? Can Gral and Nava give a non-Ferengi captain GPLT and can he then use it?

Both Gral and Nava specify that they can only be deployed to a ship with a Ferengi Captain.
stawrulesteam

Postby rbliss » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:53 pm

True, but can a non-Ferengi captain earn and spend GPLT?

For example, suppose Nava or Gral are assigned to a ship with a Ferengi captain that also has the Turanj crew upgrade?

Turanj's text says, "If your Captain's Skill Number is ever below a "4" when you are attacking, during the Deal Damage step, you may discard your Captain Card to add +1 damage. If you do this, this card then becomes your new Captain with a Skill of 7."

After Turanj becomes your new captain, will he be able to earn and spent GPLT when Nava and Gral's cards are activated?
rbliss

Postby wiegeabo » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:18 pm

If I use Fleet Commander to assign a Feringi and a non-Feringi captain to a ship equipped with Gral and Nava, and end up discarding my Feringi captain, can Gral and Nava add GPLT to my remaining captain?
wiegeabo

Postby stawrulesteam » Mon May 14, 2018 5:46 pm

rbliss wrote:True, but can a non-Ferengi captain earn and spend GPLT?

For example, suppose Nava or Gral are assigned to a ship with a Ferengi captain that also has the Turanj crew upgrade?

Turanj's text says, "If your Captain's Skill Number is ever below a "4" when you are attacking, during the Deal Damage step, you may discard your Captain Card to add +1 damage. If you do this, this card then becomes your new Captain with a Skill of 7."

After Turanj becomes your new captain, will he be able to earn and spent GPLT when Nava and Gral's cards are activated?

Yes
stawrulesteam

Postby stawrulesteam » Mon May 14, 2018 5:46 pm

wiegeabo wrote:If I use Fleet Commander to assign a Feringi and a non-Feringi captain to a ship equipped with Gral and Nava, and end up discarding my Feringi captain, can Gral and Nava add GPLT to my remaining captain?

Yes
stawrulesteam

Return to Star Trek: Attack Wing Rules Questions