Wave 9 - ISS Defiant - Julian Bashir

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Star Trek Mods

Wave 9 - ISS DEFIANT - Julian Bashir

Postby aebeutel » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:12 am

Can I use MU Bashir to prevent a Barrage of Fire attack by targeting the secondary ship and forceing it to attack Bashir's ship rather than participating in the barrage? My question is 2 fold:

1. Does assisting in a BoF count as attacking

2. How does this apply to MU Bashir?
aebeutel

Re: Wave 9 - ISS DEFIANT - Julian Bashir

Postby stawrulesteam » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:02 pm

aebeutel wrote:Can I use MU Bashir to prevent a Barrage of Fire attack by targeting the secondary ship and forceing it to attack Bashir's ship rather than participating in the barrage? My question is 2 fold:

1. Does assisting in a BoF count as attacking

2. How does this apply to MU Bashir?

Julian Bashir
ACTION: Discard this card to target a ship at Range 1-3. If that ship attacks this round, it must attack your ship and cannot attack any other ship. If it does attack your ship, during the Roll Attack Dice step of the COmbat Phase, that ship rolls -2 attack dice.

1. Yes, this is stated in the FAQ
2. A ship targeted by Mirror Bashir would only be able to attack or assit in an attack against the ship Mirror Bashir was deployed to.
stawrulesteam

Wave 9 - ISS Defiant - Julian Bashir

Postby toku_bob » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:36 pm

If MU Julian Bashir activates his ability on a ship or shuttle and that ship or shuttle then leaves the play area, does it still work?

JULIAN BASHIR (Mirror Universe, I.S.S. Defiant expansion)
ACTION: Discard this card to target a ship at Range 1-3. If that ship attacks this round, it must attack your ship and cannot attack any other ship. If it does attack your ship, during the Roll Attack Dice step of the Combat Phase, that ship rolls -2 attack dice.
toku_bob

Re: Wave 9 - ISS Defiant - Julian Bashir

Postby stawrulesteam » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:47 pm

toku_bob wrote:If MU Julian Bashir activates his ability on a ship or shuttle and that ship or shuttle then leaves the play area, does it still work?

JULIAN BASHIR (Mirror Universe, I.S.S. Defiant expansion)
ACTION: Discard this card to target a ship at Range 1-3. If that ship attacks this round, it must attack your ship and cannot attack any other ship. If it does attack your ship, during the Roll Attack Dice step of the Combat Phase, that ship rolls -2 attack dice.

Anytime the ship that Julian Bashir is on leaves the play area, Julian Bashir's game effect ends due to not having an applicable target to be attacked (even if it returns during the same round).
stawrulesteam

Postby ericthered » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:03 pm

If the ship that Julian Bashir targets does not have Julian's ship in its firing arc does it just lose its attack for the turn?
ericthered

Postby stawrulesteam » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:46 pm

ericthered wrote:If the ship that Julian Bashir targets does not have Julian's ship in its firing arc does it just lose its attack for the turn?

Yes, the ruling above is only in cases when the ship that Julian Bashir is on is removed from the playing field.
stawrulesteam

Postby cogzombie13 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:19 pm

If the ship bashir is on is destroyed, does the effect to the target sbip still hold?
cogzombie13

Postby stawrulesteam » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:09 am

cogzombie13 wrote:If the ship bashir is on is destroyed, does the effect to the target sbip still hold?

No, if the ship is removed from the board Julian Bashir's effects are canceled
stawrulesteam

Return to Star Trek: Attack Wing Rules Questions