WK DP17-008 Boxing Ring

Moderator: HeroClix Mods

WK DP17-008 Boxing Ring

Postby alasi » Fri May 19, 2017 11:33 pm

Placement Rules:
1. Special Terrain must be placed at least 3 squares from any starting area.

2. Special Terrain can't be placed over squares of different elevations or other Special Terrains.

3. A starting force can only include one Special Terrain.

4. The player not choosing the map gets to place Special Terrain first, before placing objects.

Map Bonus: When placed on the Sporting Arena map, choose a friendly character and modify its defense value by +1 against ranged attacks this game. If this Terrain can't be placed, you get the Map Bonus.

Scoring: Special Terrain is scored when a player is defeated, whether it was placed or not.

;Star; All squares of the Boxing Ring are clear terrain.

;Star; When a character crosses the ropes in either direction, unless it can ignore hindering terrain for movement purposes, its movement ends immediately. If the character is not completely in or out of the ring, its movement may continue until it is completely in or out of the ring.

;Star; Characters that occupy squares out of the ring modify their attack values by -2 when attacking characters in the ring. Characters that occupy squares in the ring modify their attack values by -2 when attacking characters out of the ring.

;Star; Characters in the ring modify their attack value by +1 when making close attacks.

If I'm playing a multi-base character, can it move or be placed such that it can occupy squares both inside the ring and outside the ring?
alasi

Re: WK DP17-008 Boxing Ring

Postby hcrulesteam » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:17 am

alasi wrote:If I'm playing a multi-base character, can it move or be placed such that it can occupy squares both inside the ring and outside the ring?

No. A multi-base character must have all of its squares completely occupy the Boxing Ring. If that character does not have enough movement so that its base completely occupies the Ring, it must end its movement outside the Ring. This answer applies to future special terrain that can be occupied as well.
hcrulesteam

Postby alasi » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:43 pm

Placement Rules:
1. Special Terrain must be placed at least 3 squares from any starting area.

2. Special Terrain can't be placed over squares of different elevations or other Special Terrains.

3. A starting force can only include one Special Terrain.

Special Terrains can be placed over squares with water terrain, hindering terrain or bloking terrain ?
alasi

Postby hcrulesteam » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:27 pm

alasi wrote:Special Terrains can be placed over squares with water terrain, hindering terrain or blocking terrain ?

Yes. Note that if special terrain is placed in such a way that its outer square edges share an edge with a wall, those walls are still present on the map and not replaced by the special terrain.
hcrulesteam

Postby likaos1 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:12 pm

;Star; Characters that occupy squares out of the ring modify their attack values by -2 when attacking characters in the ring. Characters that occupy squares in the ring modify their attack values by -2 when attacking characters out of the ring.

If I have a Friendly Ring and my opponent has a ring And I have range from one ring to another. Do I modify my attack by -3? Or does it count as both occupying squares in the ring and give no modifiers?
likaos1

Postby hcrulesteam » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:43 pm

likaos1 wrote:If I have a Friendly Ring and my opponent has a ring And I have range from one ring to another. Do I modify my attack by -3? Or does it count as both occupying squares in the ring and give no modifiers?

Each boxing ring is a separate game element and applies its own rules separately.

In the provided example a character inside Ring A is attacking a character outside of Ring A, so it modifies it's attack value by -2. That same character is attacking a character inside Ring B from outside Ring B, so it would modify its attack value by -2. The attacker would be modifying its attack value by -4 and, assuming no other modifiers, it would be a -3 modifier due to the Rule of Three
hcrulesteam

Postby darkjedi » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:49 pm

PLACEMENT RULES
(1) Special Terrain must be placed at least 3 squares from any starting area.
(2) Special Terrain can't be placed over squares of different elevations or other Special Terrains.
(3) A starting force can only include one Special Terrain.
(4) The player not choosing the map gets to place Special Terrain first, before placing objects.
MAP BONUS When placed on the Sporting Arena map, choose a friendly character and modify its defense value by +1 against ranged attacks this game. If this terrain can't be placed, you get the Map Bonus.
SCORING Special Terrain is scored when a player is defeated, whether it was placed or not.
All squares of the Boxing Ring are clear terrain.
When a character crosses the ropes in either direction, unless it can ignore hindering terrain for movement purposes, its movement ends immediately. If the character is not completely in or out of the ring, its movement may continue until it is completely in or out of the ring.
Characters that occupy squares out of the ring modify their attack values by -2 when attacking characters in the ring. Characters that occupy squares in the ring modify their attack value by -2 when attacking characters out of the ring.
Characters in the ring modify their attack value by +1 when making close attacks.

If the boxing ring is placed in an area of elevated terrain is the boxing ring considered to be on the level of elevation it was placed on or is the area clear and considered to be level 1 terrain?
darkjedi

Postby hcrulesteam » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:11 pm

darkjedi wrote:If the boxing ring is placed in an area of elevated terrain is the boxing ring considered to be on the level of elevation it was placed on or is the area clear and considered to be level 1 terrain?

It will be considered to be on the level of elevation it was placed on.
hcrulesteam

Return to Heroclix Past Rules Archive