Mind Control

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: HeroClix Mods

Mind Control

Postby nerdvanacards00006 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:12 pm

MIND CONTROL CLOSE/RANGE: Minimum range 6. Make a close/range attack. Instead of normal damage, each hit character halves speed and becomes friendly to your force and, one at a time, may in either order: Move and/or make an attack, then it reverts forces.

MYSTICS - Each time this character takes damage from an opposing character's attack, after resolutions deal the attacker 1 penetrating damage. Uncopyable.

If I Mind Control a character and have it attack a character that can use Mystics, who takes the 1 penetrating damage? Is it the Mind Controller or the character that was Mind Controlled?
nerdvanacards00006

Re: Mind Control

Postby hcrulesteam » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:00 pm

nerdvanacards00006 wrote:If I Mind Control a character and have it attack a character that can use Mystics, who takes the 1 penetrating damage? Is it the Mind Controller or the character that was Mind Controlled?

The character that was Mind Controlled is the attacker. Since it attacked and damaged the character that can use Mystics, it will be the one dealt the 1 penetrating damage.
hcrulesteam

Postby yujufrazer » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:01 am

SKY TYRANT FLIES AGAIN!: Flurry. Charge, but do not halve Speed. // When Sky Tyrant hits, after resolutions he may move up to half his speed value using ;Improved-M; ;Character; .

MIND CONTROL - CLOSE/RANGE: Minimum range 6. Make a close/range attack. Instead of normal damage, each hit character halves speed and becomes friendly to your force and, one at a time, may in either order: Move and/or make an attack, then it reverts forces.

My opponent Mind controls my Sky Tyrant and hits with him. After he becomes friendly to me again, do I get to move him up to half his speed value?
yujufrazer

Postby hcrulesteam » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:42 pm

yujufrazer wrote:My opponent Mind controls my Sky Tyrant and hits with him. After he becomes friendly to me again, do I get to move him up to half his speed value?

No. A player may not give actions or instructions (move or attack) to their characters during an opponent's turn unless an effect specifically allows otherwise.
hcrulesteam

Postby disasstah » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:52 am

[b]MIND CONTROL - CLOSE/RANGE: Minimum range 6. Make a close/range attack. Instead of normal damage, each hit character halves speed and becomes friendly to your force and, one at a time, may in either order: Move and/or make an attack, then it reverts forces.

If my character targets and hits multiple characters with Mind Control, how does that interaction play out? Are they all friendly to my force until the Mind Control action resolves, or do they only stay friendly until they're given instructions? Can I use one hit target to attack another hit target?
disasstah

Postby hcrulesteam » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:50 pm

disasstah wrote:
[b]MIND CONTROL - CLOSE/RANGE: Minimum range 6. Make a close/range attack. Instead of normal damage, each hit character halves speed and becomes friendly to your force and, one at a time, may in either order: Move and/or make an attack, then it reverts forces.

If my character targets and hits multiple characters with Mind Control, how does that interaction play out? Are they all friendly to my force until the Mind Control action resolves, or do they only stay friendly until they're given instructions? Can I use one hit target to attack another hit target?

When attacking multiple targets with Mind Control, all hit targets immediately become friendly to your force. At that point you may choose to resolve in which order to give each character their Move and/or Attack (or Attack and/or Move) instructions. Once the character has been given its instruction(s), it immediately reverts force and becomes opposing again. Note that each character must have all of its instructions given all at once before reverting. You may not switch back and forth between hit targets.

Using the above example, if three targets are hit, the first character you choose to have its instructions resolved will be friendly to the other two targets hit. It would not be able to attack them, but could move and/or attack a different opposing character. Once its instructions have been resolved it immediately becomes opposing again. You now choose which of the other two hit targets to resolve. Those characters could now attack the first character you resolved because it is now opposing. The last character you resolve could attack either of the previous two characters because both of them would be opposing while you resolve its instructions.
hcrulesteam

Return to HeroClix Rules Questions