Shifting Focus

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: HeroClix Mods

Shifting Focus

Postby csrak » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:49 pm

;Star; SHIFTING FOCUS: DEADPOOL: Give Deadpool a free action if he began the turn on the map. Replace him with another character with this trait on the same click number.

REPLACING CHARACTERS:[...] When creating your Sideline, you identify these replacement characters for a specific replacement effect, and they can’t be referenced or used by other effects.

If I have 2 characters with the same Shifting Focus effect on the map, (such as dxf001a Deadpool and dxf017 Deadpool), and I also have one in my side-line (let's say dxf033 Deadpool), can I use Shifting Focus to replace dxf001a Deadpool with the one in my side-line (dxf033 Deadpool), and then replace the second one (dxf017 Deadpool) with dxf001a Deadpool who is now in my side-line?
csrak

Re: Shifting Focus

Postby hcrulesteam » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:41 pm

csrak wrote:If I have 2 characters with the same Shifting Focus effect on the map, (such as dxf001a Deadpool and dxf017 Deadpool), and I also have one in my side-line (let's say dxf033 Deadpool), can I use Shifting Focus to replace dxf001a Deadpool with the one in my side-line (dxf033 Deadpool), and then replace the second one (dxf017 Deadpool) with dxf001a Deadpool who is now in my side-line?

Yes. The effect being used by all the characters is "SHIFTING FOCUS: DEADPOOL". All characters can enter and leave the Sideline for that specific effect, but could not be used for any other Sideline effect, such as being used as an ID character (as one example).
hcrulesteam

Re: Shifting Focus

Postby hcrulesteam » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:05 am

hcrulesteam wrote:
csrak wrote:If I have 2 characters with the same Shifting Focus effect on the map, (such as dxf001a Deadpool and dxf017 Deadpool), and I also have one in my side-line (let's say dxf033 Deadpool), can I use Shifting Focus to replace dxf001a Deadpool with the one in my side-line (dxf033 Deadpool), and then replace the second one (dxf017 Deadpool) with dxf001a Deadpool who is now in my side-line?

Yes. The effect being used by all the characters is "SHIFTING FOCUS: DEADPOOL" (the effect is not tied to a specific character or other game element). All characters can enter and leave the Sideline for that specific effect, but could not be used for any other Sideline effect, such as being used as an ID character (as one example).
hcrulesteam

Return to HeroClix Rules Questions