POSTING GUIDELINES

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

POSTING GUIDELINES

Postby dmrulesteam » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:48 pm

POSTING GUIDELINES

We wish to answer your rules questions to the best of our ability—in order to help us do so, we ask that when you post a question for the rules team to answer that you follow the following guidelines. These guidelines are meant to a) help ensure that your question will be easy to understand by the Rules Team and b) so your question (and the response from the Rules Team) will be easy to find by other users who are searching for an answer to the same question.

Please note: Posts are not visible to the public until a Moderator approves the post. Moderators reserve the right to not approve posts that they feel do not adhere to the Forum Rules (see Forum Rules sticky thread). Moderators also reserve the right to edit a post prior to approving a post.

1.The Rules Forum is for Rules Questions only: Please keep your questions focused on rules questions. Posts of personal ads, hello/goodbye messages, call outs/shout outs, forum games, polls, advertising of events, organizing sales/trades, game or rules change requests, or any other non-rules related discussion will not be approved.

2. Before posting a question, please use the search function to see if your question, or a similar question, has not already been asked. Duplicate questions will not be approved. When multiple similar questions are submitted, usually only one will be approved and answered. Please check back periodically.

3. Please limit your post to a question relating to one specific issue/interaction with one or more game elements. If you have multiple questions on multiple different game elements, please submit a different post for each. This includes follow up posts. If your follow up question introduces a new game element/effect not mentioned in the original question, then you must submit the question in a new thread. This will help us answer some of your questions sooner instead of all of your answers coming all at the end.

4. FOR GENERAL RULE QUESTIONS: In order to help all Dice Masters players find the response to your question, please format subject titles for general questions as a brief summary of the main question in the thread (Example: When Blocking abilities vs. removing blockers).

5. FOR RULES QUESTIONS ON SPECIFIC FIGURES/POWERS/ETC: In order to help all Dice Masters players find the response to your question, please format your subject titles so that it references all game elements and powers/abilities (if applicable) when asking a question about specific game element interactions. Our preferred format is as follows: Card Title, Subtitle, Set Name, Set Number (See the Subject line in the Example Post below as an example).

6. The Rules Team can only provide answers to rules questions relating to figures/game elements that have been released and/or officially previewed game elements. Official previews are limited to figures/game elements shown on the WizKids Facebook page, the WizKids Twitter feed, wizkidsgames.com, and dicemasters.com.

7. When posting a question about a specific rule, power, special power or other game effect, please quote all relevant rules and effects. Please be sure that your quoting of the rules and/or effects is accurate to the rules and/or effect as printed in the rulebook, character card, etc. (i.e. please do not quote from memory).

Here is an example of a post using the above Posting Guidelines:

Subject: Professor X, Trainer, Uncanny X-Men #109 using his ability multiple times during the same step of an opponent's turn.

Global: Pay [Mask]. Move up to 2 Sidekick dice from your Used Pile to your Prep Area.

If during my opponent's turn, there are 3 Sidekick dice in my Used Pile, can I use Professor X's ability twice? If yes, and I pay using Sidekick dice each time, will it let me move 4 Sidekick dice or only 3?

ANSWER: Yes, and 4. You perform as much of Professor X's card text as possible after paying all costs. The first instance of the ability would resolve completely, at the end of which the Sidekick die you used to pay its cost moves to your Used Pile (it is your opponent's turn). Even though you've already declared that you are using the second instance of Professor X's ability, it now resolves when there are 2 Sidekicks you may move to your Prep Area.

Thank you.

Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules - Readonly