When multiple effects modify where dice normally go

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

When multiple effects modify where dice normally go

Postby memmek » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:11 am

I have a question about having multiple cards in the field that affect where e.g. KO'd dice go.

For example, I have Black Adam: Ruler of Khandaq active, and my opponent has Batman: Speedy Recovery. I use Luke Cage global. Does Batman still return to the field if my opponent doesn't take the Black Aadam damage? If they do take the Black Adam damage, does the effect occur again (since Black Adam deals them damage, triggering Batman)?

While Black Adam is active, when a character die is KO'd, if it isn't a Sidekick die, return it to its card unless its owner takes 1 damage.

Vengeance - Whenever you take damage, KO a Batmanâ„¢ die and return it to the Field Zone at level 2 (no matter how many Batmanâ„¢ dice you have in the Field Zone).

Global: Pay fist. Deal 1 damage to each player.

Another example, I have Agent Carter: Behind Enemy Lines and my opponent has Alfred: MI-5. I KO Alfred by any number of means. Does he go to the bag immediately? Does my opponent get a chance to see if Alfred returns to the field first? Does it matter if my opponent is the active vs inactive player?

While Agent Carter is active, when a Sidekick character die is KO'd, place it in its owner's bag.

Ally
When KO'd, you may roll a Sidekick or Batmanâ„¢ die from your Used Pile. If you roll an energy result, return Alfred to the Field Zone at level 1. Either way, return the rolled die to the Used Pile.

Last example, I have Agent Carter: Behind Enemy Lines active, and I block a Sidekick with Namorita: Aquatic Beauty. Where does the sidekick go? Would it make a difference if I attacked with Namorita and my opponent blocked with a sidekick (i.e. active vs inactive players)?

When Namorita KOs a non-shield character die with combat damage, place the KO'd die in the Used Pile.
memmek

Re: When multiple effects modify where dice normally go

Postby dmrulesteam » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:58 pm

memmek wrote:I have a question about having multiple cards in the field that affect where e.g. KO'd dice go.

For example, I have Black Adam: Ruler of Khandaq active, and my opponent has Batman: Speedy Recovery. I use Luke Cage global. Does Batman still return to the field if my opponent doesn't take the Black Aadam damage? If they do take the Black Adam damage, does the effect occur again (since Black Adam deals them damage, triggering Batman)?

While Black Adam is active, when a character die is KO'd, if it isn't a Sidekick die, return it to its card unless its owner takes 1 damage.

Vengeance - Whenever you take damage, KO a Batmanâ„¢ die and return it to the Field Zone at level 2 (no matter how many Batmanâ„¢ dice you have in the Field Zone).

Global: Pay fist. Deal 1 damage to each player.

Another example, I have Agent Carter: Behind Enemy Lines and my opponent has Alfred: MI-5. I KO Alfred by any number of means. Does he go to the bag immediately? Does my opponent get a chance to see if Alfred returns to the field first? Does it matter if my opponent is the active vs inactive player?

While Agent Carter is active, when a Sidekick character die is KO'd, place it in its owner's bag.

Ally
When KO'd, you may roll a Sidekick or Batmanâ„¢ die from your Used Pile. If you roll an energy result, return Alfred to the Field Zone at level 1. Either way, return the rolled die to the Used Pile.

Last example, I have Agent Carter: Behind Enemy Lines active, and I block a Sidekick with Namorita: Aquatic Beauty. Where does the sidekick go? Would it make a difference if I attacked with Namorita and my opponent blocked with a sidekick (i.e. active vs inactive players)?

When Namorita KOs a non-shield character die with combat damage, place the KO'd die in the Used Pile.

The effects (Black Adam, Batman) both try to happen. So if you use the Luke Cage Global Ability:
1) Both players take 1 damage.
2) Batman’s Vengeance effect is triggered, and is resolved completely.
3) Since a character was KO’d, Black Adam’s effect is triggered, attempting to return Batman to the Field Zone.
4a) If Batman’s controller takes 1 damage to prevent their Batman die/dice from returning to the card, Batman’s Vengeance effect would be triggered again, returning to step 2.
4b) If Batman’s controller does not take the 1 damage, Batman is sent back to his card.

The interaction between Agent Carter and Alfred is best characterized as follows: Both effects happen, beginning with the active player’s. The first move would be undone by the second move. So if the active player’s effect would send a die to the bag, and the inactive player’s effect would send the die to the Field Zone, the die would end up in the Field Zone.

The interaction between Agent Carter and Namorita is the same.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions