Photon Torpedeos

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Star Trek Mods

Photon Torpedeos

Postby plopps » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:27 pm

Do I need to have a Target Lock on the defending ship to use Photo Torpedos (from the new I.K.S. Ves Bathl)

"ATTACK: If this ship has a [target lock icon] Token on the defending ship, place 2 [time lock icon] Tokens on this card.

This ship may convert 1 [battle-stations icon] into a [critical hit icon]."
plopps

Re: Photon Torpedeos

Postby stawrulesteam » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:26 pm

In short, the answer is yes. You must have a target lock on the defending ship, but you do not need to spend it to activate this effect.

The new card formatting will be clarified in the near future.

For your immediate reference, the letters in all bold caps (i.e. ATTACK:) show when the cards effect may take place.

The sentence(s) immediately after the colon are costs, conditions, and other criteria that need to be met. You cannot activate any card using this format unless all of these costs, conditions, and other criteria are met for the corresponding effect.

Finally, there is a full blank line followed by the effect of the card which occurs after costs, conditions, and other criteria are paid/met. Again, the effect of the card can only be resolved if both timing (i.e. ATTACK:) and the costs, conditions, and other criteria (i.e. If this ship has a [target lock icon] Token on the defending ship, place 2 [time lock icon] Tokens on this card.) are met.
stawrulesteam

Return to Star Trek: Attack Wing Rules Questions