Retaliation on Justice League characters

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Retaliation on Justice League characters

Postby grordonwhitney » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:59 pm

There are multiple Justice League affiliated characters with Retaliation in the following form: “Retaliation – If an affiliated character is KO’d, deal 1 damage to an opposing player.”

Does this ability activate when the affiliated character being KO’d belongs to my opponent? (The version of Retaliation quoted above does not explicitly state they must be my characters, unlike the version on Black Manta.)
grordonwhitney

Re: Retaliation on Justice League characters

Postby dmrulesteam » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:05 pm

grordonwhitney wrote:There are multiple Justice League affiliated characters with Retaliation in the following form: “Retaliation – If an affiliated character is KO’d, deal 1 damage to an opposing player.”

Does this ability activate when the affiliated character being KO’d belongs to my opponent? (The version of Retaliation quoted above does not explicitly state they must be my characters, unlike the version on Black Manta.)

Usually the reminder text for abilities doesn't give the full explanation of what they do. The Dice Masters Keywords page describes Retaliation as follows:

Retaliation: If an affiliated character you control is KO’d, deal 1 damage to an opponent. (DCDM1)

Black Manta has a special version that deals more damage.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions