Suit Up and When Fielded

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Suit Up and When Fielded

Postby dyerkitty » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:48 pm

I was looking for a clarification on Suit Up. I couldn't find it listed on the WizKids Keywords page.

Reference text on Suit Up characters:
(When purchased, you may KO a CHARACTER NAME character die to field this die at level 2.)

In the back of the IMWM Rulebook, the text for Suit Up says:
When you purchase a character die with Suit Up, you may KO a character you control whose name matches one of the ones listed in the ability. If you do, you may immediately move the purchased die to the Field Zone at level 2.

1. Does a character entering the Field Zone by means of Suit Up count as being fielded?
2. When you purchase a Suit Up character die, must you use Suit Up immediately at the time of purchase or can you use Suit Up at a different time?
dyerkitty

Re: Suit Up and When Fielded

Postby dmrulesteam » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:08 pm

dyerkitty wrote:I was looking for a clarification on Suit Up. I couldn't find it listed on the WizKids Keywords page.

Reference text on Suit Up characters:
(When purchased, you may KO a CHARACTER NAME character die to field this die at level 2.)

In the back of the IMWM Rulebook, the text for Suit Up says:
When you purchase a character die with Suit Up, you may KO a character you control whose name matches one of the ones listed in the ability. If you do, you may immediately move the purchased die to the Field Zone at level 2.

1. Does a character entering the Field Zone by means of Suit Up count as being fielded?
2. When you purchase a Suit Up character die, must you use Suit Up immediately at the time of purchase or can you use Suit Up at a different time?

1. Characters that come in via Suit Up count as being fielded.
2. You can only use Suit Up when you purchase that die, and only for that copy of that die. So under normal circumstances, if you had 4 copies of a War Machine die with Suit Up on your team, you'd only be able to use Suit Up 4 times that game.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions