Who gets to use a controlled characters ability?

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Who gets to use a controlled characters ability?

Postby basementcuts » Wed May 24, 2017 11:54 pm

What happens if I use Force Beam and it KOs my Scarecrow while also damaging my opponent’s Babs (but doesn’t KO her), and I use Scarecrow to steal her?

Scarecrow: Hallucinogenic Vapors
If Scarecrow is KO'd, take control of target opposing character die until end of turn. Spin this die to an energy face and place it underneath the controlled die. Move it to the Prep Area when you return the controlled die.
Batgirl: Babs
When Batgirl takes damage, deal 4 damage to target opposing characters divided any way you choose.
Force Beam: Basic Action Card
Deal 1 damage to each character (including yours).
* Instead deal 2 damage to each character.
** Instead, deal 1 damage to each player and 2 damage to each character.
basementcuts

Re: Who gets to use a controlled characters ability?

Postby dmrulesteam » Tue May 30, 2017 11:17 am

basementcuts wrote:What happens if I use Force Beam and it KOs my Scarecrow while also damaging my opponent’s Babs (but doesn’t KO her), and I use Scarecrow to steal her?

Scarecrow: Hallucinogenic Vapors
If Scarecrow is KO'd, take control of target opposing character die until end of turn. Spin this die to an energy face and place it underneath the controlled die. Move it to the Prep Area when you return the controlled die.
Batgirl: Babs
When Batgirl takes damage, deal 4 damage to target opposing characters divided any way you choose.
Force Beam: Basic Action Card
Deal 1 damage to each character (including yours).
* Instead deal 2 damage to each character.
** Instead, deal 1 damage to each player and 2 damage to each character.

Force Beam is going to trigger two different effects – Scarecrow and Batgirl. The active player’s effect will go first, in this case, Scarecrow. Then, Babs’s ability will go next.

The active player chooses Babs for Scarecrow’s ability. Even though a new player controls Babs, the ability was triggered while she was under another player’s control, so that player gets to choose the targets for her ability. The effect, once triggered, ties back to the player – hence why character effects that revolve around dice that take damage or are KO’d still function.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions