Additional Ultraman Clarifications

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Additional Ultraman Clarifications

Postby basementcuts » Wed May 24, 2017 11:56 pm

What happens if there is a Basic Action that I can’t use (like Pizza!), and Oracle: Internet Interference, when I go to use Ultraman: Kryptonite-Powered’s ability?

Ultraman: Kryptonite-Powered While Ultraman is active, if a Kryptonite Action Die is used, you may use the effect of every Basic Action Card in play (with no burst) immediately.
Oracle: Internet Interference While Oracle is active, opponents must pay (1) each time they use an Action Die.
Pizza!: Basic Action Die Gain 1 life. You may not use this Basic Action Die if you have 15 or more life.
basementcuts

Re: Additional Ultraman Clarifications

Postby dmrulesteam » Tue May 30, 2017 11:25 am

basementcuts wrote:What happens if there is a Basic Action that I can’t use (like Pizza!), and Oracle: Internet Interference, when I go to use Ultraman: Kryptonite-Powered’s ability?

Ultraman: Kryptonite-Powered While Ultraman is active, if a Kryptonite Action Die is used, you may use the effect of every Basic Action Card in play (with no burst) immediately.
Oracle: Internet Interference While Oracle is active, opponents must pay (1) each time they use an Action Die.
Pizza!: Basic Action Die Gain 1 life. You may not use this Basic Action Die if you have 15 or more life.

First, in order to use Kryptonite, the player with Ultraman (Player B) must pay (1) for Player A’s Oracle’s ability. Player B then tries to use as many of the Basic Actions as possible – Basic Action Cards that wouldn’t be able to be used due to the current game state (like Pizza! or Cone of Cold) do not prevent that player from using Ultraman’s ability. Next, Player B must pay (1) for each of the Basic Actions that they’re able to use [typically – (4)], or Oracle’s ability will stop them from using any of the Basic Actions.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Re: Additional Ultraman Clarifications

Postby dmrulesteam » Wed May 31, 2017 1:28 pm

We've received some additional questions, a reminder about this ruling sorts them out:
win.wizkids.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11178&p=26696&hilit=joker+continuous&sid=bc5c50fb50fd9c636cde5bd6c31b6165

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions