Swarm clarification

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Swarm clarification

Postby darkjedikane » Fri May 26, 2017 5:16 pm

I have seen the post and example with the kobolds , BUT I was told that if I have 3 multiple man (pile on) in the field, then I only get one trigger for my swarm not three. Is this true and I have looked but have not found that example so if this is a repeat question I apologize.
darkjedikane

Re: Swarm clarification

Postby dmrulesteam » Tue May 30, 2017 11:47 am

darkjedikane wrote:I have seen the post and example with the kobolds , BUT I was told that if I have 3 multiple man (pile on) in the field, then I only get one trigger for my swarm not three. Is this true and I have looked but have not found that example so if this is a repeat question I apologize.

For questions with keywords, this is a great first resource: https://wizkids.com/dicemasters/keywords/

The original rulebook text might be a little more helpful for your question though:
Dungeons & Dragons Dice Masters: Battle for Faerûn Rulebook Page 18:
Swarm: While active, whenever you draw one of this character’s dice from your bag during the Clear and Draw Step, draw one additional die. You only draw one die no matter how many copies of this die are active. This ability can trigger multiple times per turn. It does not trigger for different characters that also have the swarm ability.

So Swarm is checking yes or no if you have the proper character in the Field Zone (but not how many). When you draw dice, it does check how many matching dice are drawn.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions