Ronin: Lone Warrior + Polaris: Mistress of Magnetism

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Ronin: Lone Warrior + Polaris: Mistress of Magnetism

Postby swarc » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:42 pm

Ronin: Lone Warrior reads "While Ronin is active, once per turn, you may KO a Ronin die you control to prevent all damage from one source to you or a character die you control."

Polaris: Mistress of Magnetism reads "While Polaris is active, when one of your character dice is KO'd, you may pay [shield]. If you do, return it to the Field Zone at level 1."

I have 1 Ronin and 1 Polaris in my field. My opponent has declared attackers, I have declared blockers. Before combat damage is dealt, I KO Ronin to prevent the damage that will be dealt by an unblocked attacking die. If I use Polaris' ability to return Ronin to the field, can I use Ronin's ability again to prevent damage from another source? Does returning to the field reset the "once per turn" limitation of Ronin's ability?
swarc

Re: Ronin: Lone Warrior + Polaris: Mistress of Magnetism

Postby dmrulesteam » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:12 pm

swarc wrote:Ronin: Lone Warrior reads "While Ronin is active, once per turn, you may KO a Ronin die you control to prevent all damage from one source to you or a character die you control."

Polaris: Mistress of Magnetism reads "While Polaris is active, when one of your character dice is KO'd, you may pay [shield]. If you do, return it to the Field Zone at level 1."

I have 1 Ronin and 1 Polaris in my field. My opponent has declared attackers, I have declared blockers. Before combat damage is dealt, I KO Ronin to prevent the damage that will be dealt by an unblocked attacking die. If I use Polaris' ability to return Ronin to the field, can I use Ronin's ability again to prevent damage from another source? Does returning to the field reset the "once per turn" limitation of Ronin's ability?

Ronin's ability wouldn't reset from this (or other methods of returning Ronin to the Field Zone). If you had multiple Ronin dice on the field all at once you still would only be able to use the ability once during your turn. If you had a different die that had copied Ronin's ability, or your Ronin and an opposing Ronin, you could use an extra instance of Ronin's effect.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions