The Blackbird - School Bus and Phoenix Storm - From the Ashe

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

The Blackbird - School Bus and Phoenix Storm - From the Ashe

Postby vinahku » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:47 pm

My question is how, if at all, does The Blackbird effect What if characters with the X-Men affiliation?

It reads;
The Blackbird - School Bus
Your [X-Men] characters cost 1 less to purchase and field for each unique [X-Men] character die in your Field Zone.

I have Jubilee and Wolverine in the field. If I wanted to use the reduction to purchase The What If Character below. What would I pay?

Phoenix Storm - From the Ashes
You my not use ? energy to purchase this die, this text may not be ignored.

When fielded, draw a die from your bag. Deal damage equal to that die's purchase cost to your opponent and all opposing character dice. Then, return it to your bag.

1) Any two different energy (not ? Per the card.)
2) It wouldn’t reduce the cost as you must pay the energy types listed

I have a SR X-Men team I want to run and this is key to if it will work or not.

Thanks,
Vin
vinahku

Re: The Blackbird - School Bus and Phoenix Storm - From the

Postby dmrulesteam » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:28 pm

vinahku wrote:My question is how, if at all, does The Blackbird effect What if characters with the X-Men affiliation?

It reads;
The Blackbird - School Bus
Your [X-Men] characters cost 1 less to purchase and field for each unique [X-Men] character die in your Field Zone.

I have Jubilee and Wolverine in the field. If I wanted to use the reduction to purchase The What If Character below. What would I pay?

Phoenix Storm - From the Ashes
You my not use ? energy to purchase this die, this text may not be ignored.

When fielded, draw a die from your bag. Deal damage equal to that die's purchase cost to your opponent and all opposing character dice. Then, return it to your bag.

1) Any two different energy (not ? Per the card.)
2) It wouldn’t reduce the cost as you must pay the energy types listed

I have a SR X-Men team I want to run and this is key to if it will work or not.

Thanks,
Vin

From the Dice Masters Keywords page (here: https://wizkids.com/dicemasters/keywords/ )

Crossover: Crossover characters have two or more types of energy. To purchase them you’ll need to spend at least one of each type of energy they require. You won’t be able to reduce their cost to avoid paying each type of energy to purchase their dice. They count as every type of energy you must spend to purchase their die.

So no, you won't be able to discount Phoenix Storm from 4 to 3, because you need every type of energy to purchase her (4). You would be able to get a discount on Wolverine Lord of Vampires however, since he costs 6 to begin with and you'd be able to still pay all types of energy to purchase him.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions