Immortal Keyword

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Immortal Keyword

Postby pinkfrankenstein » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:51 pm

There have been two questions regarding the Immortal keyword at our recent drafts.

Here's the current wording: Except when purchased, when this die would go to the Used Pile, instead add it to your bag.

1) Does this mean that if I had a Heimdall with Immortal keyword die on an energy face in my Reserve Pool, and I used it to purchase some other die, at the end of my turn that die would go from the transition area directly into my bag? That it would not go to the Used Pile?

2) Uncommon Hela's ability is: "While Hela is active, your character dice have Immortal."
When does this ability apply to the character die? When it's in the Reserve Pool and Field? When it's in the Reserve Pool on an energy face? Does this mean that the character die has the keyword Immortal no matter the location of that die?

What happens to Sidekick dice in this situation?
pinkfrankenstein

Re: Immortal Keyword

Postby dmrulesteam » Thu May 10, 2018 5:19 pm

pinkfrankenstein wrote:There have been two questions regarding the Immortal keyword at our recent drafts.

Here's the current wording: Except when purchased, when this die would go to the Used Pile, instead add it to your bag.

1) Does this mean that if I had a Heimdall with Immortal keyword die on an energy face in my Reserve Pool, and I used it to purchase some other die, at the end of my turn that die would go from the transition area directly into my bag? That it would not go to the Used Pile?

2) Uncommon Hela's ability is: "While Hela is active, your character dice have Immortal."
When does this ability apply to the character die? When it's in the Reserve Pool and Field? When it's in the Reserve Pool on an energy face? Does this mean that the character die has the keyword Immortal no matter the location of that die?

What happens to Sidekick dice in this situation?

We just updated the Keywords page to reflect the ruling you're about to read.

Immortal rules text:
When a character die with Immortal would go to the Used Pile (except when it is purchased, swapped, or sent as energy), instead add that character die to its owner's bag.

So Immortal dice spent as energy would go to the Used Pile. Jane Foster/Hela could combo together to give your dice a discount.
Sent as energy should be taken to include spent as energy during your turn, or cleared from your Reserve Pool as energy since it was unspent.
Sidekick dice that are in the Field Zone could have Immortal, but it wouldn't be Immortal while it's on an energy face.

-The DM Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions