Doppelganger: Lesser Monstrosity Clarifications

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Doppelganger: Lesser Monstrosity Clarifications

Postby memmek » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:37 pm

Doppelganger: Lesser Monstrosity has text,

When fielded, you may select a target character die you control. If you do, your Doppelganger character dice become copies of that target character die. (The copy has all of the names, subtitles, affiliations, abilities, and stats of the original in place of its own.) They remain copies until another character die is selected or you no longer have any active Doppelganger character dice.

1. If I have an active character with Swarm and I copy that die with a Doppelganger, do other Doppelganger dice Swarm?
  2. If I copy a sidekick die with Doppelganger, can I use Professor X Global to field another Doppelganger die from my used pile?
    Global: Pay mask. Once per turn, field target Sidekick die in your Used Pile.
  3. If I copy a dragon die with Doppelganger, can I use Ring of Winter to move another Doppelganger die from my Used Pile to the Field Zone?
    Move each Dragon character die in your Used Pile to the Field Zone at level 3.
  4. If I field a level 1 Doppelganger and copy a level 3 character die, then I field a level 3 Doppelganger, which level's stats do my Doppelganger dice have (and what level are they considered)?

Thanks!
memmek

Re: Doppelganger: Lesser Monstrosity Clarifications

Postby dmrulesteam » Fri May 11, 2018 4:10 pm

memmek wrote:Doppelganger: Lesser Monstrosity has text,

When fielded, you may select a target character die you control. If you do, your Doppelganger character dice become copies of that target character die. (The copy has all of the names, subtitles, affiliations, abilities, and stats of the original in place of its own.) They remain copies until another character die is selected or you no longer have any active Doppelganger character dice.

1. If I have an active character with Swarm and I copy that die with a Doppelganger, do other Doppelganger dice Swarm?
  2. If I copy a sidekick die with Doppelganger, can I use Professor X Global to field another Doppelganger die from my used pile?
    Global: Pay mask. Once per turn, field target Sidekick die in your Used Pile.
  3. If I copy a dragon die with Doppelganger, can I use Ring of Winter to move another Doppelganger die from my Used Pile to the Field Zone?
    Move each Dragon character die in your Used Pile to the Field Zone at level 3.
  4. If I field a level 1 Doppelganger and copy a level 3 character die, then I field a level 3 Doppelganger, which level's stats do my Doppelganger dice have (and what level are they considered)?

Thanks!

1) If Doppelganger copies a die with Swarm, even though it has the names, subtitles, affiliations, abilities, and stats of the original die in place of its own, it doesn't work with Swarm, since it's ultimately not a copy of that die.
2) Doppelganger can copy a Sidekick die, but doesn't work with Professor X Global (either, both flavors are great). Doppelganger is treated as if it's a die with the name "Sidekick" and not a die that is a Sidekick Die for the rules of the game.
3) Assuming Doppelganger copies Gold Dragon, it would count as a Dragon for Ring of Winter, since it has the name.
4) The level 1 Doppelganger die would have the stats of a level 1 Gold Dragon, and the level 3 Doppelganger die would have the stats of a level 3 Gold Dragon. A Doppelganger die copying a Sidekick die would only have level 1 stats at all times, but could still spin up and down.

-The DM Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Re: Doppelganger: Lesser Monstrosity Clarifications

Postby dmrulesteam » Fri May 18, 2018 2:53 pm

Some players pointed out (correctly) that the answers to the Doppelganger questions contradicted the previous guide to copying. The guide has been corrected based on a review by the rules team. We appreciate your patience.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions