About mjolnir possess the power of thor

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

About mjolnir possess the power of thor

Postby ark27 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:45 pm

Hi. If I use this card, can I use it to kill a sidekick. And then kill another sidekick? Or the effect is finished after the 1 damage?
ark27

Re: About mjolnir possess the power of thor

Postby dmrulesteam » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:49 am

ark27 wrote:Hi. If I use this card, can I use it to kill a sidekick. And then kill another sidekick? Or the effect is finished after the 1 damage?

Deal 1 damage to target character die, then deal 2 damage to a target character die that hasn't been damage by this effect. Continue increasing the damage dealt and selecting new targets in this way until a character die is KO'd or all character dice have been damaged.

The effect states that it continues increasing until a character die is KO’d. If a character die is KO’d by the initial 1 damage, it would immediately end and not continue increasing. This would be the same if a die was KO’d by the second burst of 2 damage, or any point in the process.

It falls under the “do as much as you can” rule. If there is only 1 die in the Field, or if the first 1 damage KOs a die, then you have fulfilled the conditions of the effect.

Separately, we have received questions about how abilities like this would interact with persistent effects that KO a die as soon as it takes damage (like the Uncommon Danger Room: Housing Hidden Perils from the X-Men First Class set). Abilities like Mjolnir should be assumed to be checking for a KO due solely to the damage that is being dealt, regardless of any secondary effect that would trigger on being damaged. While Mjolnir is resolving, each die that is damaged will trigger Danger Room’s effect, but those KO’s will not resolve until Mjolnir is completely finished resolving.

Rulebook reference:
Once an ability has begun to resolve, it must resolve fully before the next effect in the “queue” can begin.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions