Thanos with Jerry Lawler's global

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Thanos with Jerry Lawler's global

Postby ccm00007 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:28 pm

Hi,

I have a question about the interaction between Thanos: Prove Love For Lady Death, and Jerry Lawler, Ringside Announcer.

Relevant text for both cards:

Thanos:
Overcrush

When Thanos deals Overcrush damage to an opponent, double that damage.

Jerry Lawler:
All blocked and blocking Superstars deal double damage this turn.

Global: Pay fist. Target blocked or blocking Superstar deals double damage. Use this ability only once per turn.

I attack with a level 3 Thanos(9A/9D), who is only blocked by level 3 Shriek (3A/3D). I use Jerry Lawler's global to double Thanos' damage. Assuming no other ability affects damage, how much damage does Thanos deal my opponent with Overcrush?

1) 30 (Thanos deals 18 damage to Shriek, and would deal 15 damage to my opponent due to Overcrush, but that damage is doubled to 30 by Thanos' effect)
2) 15 (same scenario, but the "double damage" effects do not stack)
3) Another response

Thank you for your time.
ccm00007

Re: Thanos with Jerry Lawler's global

Postby dmrulesteam » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:10 pm

ccm00007 wrote:Hi,

I have a question about the interaction between Thanos: Prove Love For Lady Death, and Jerry Lawler, Ringside Announcer.

Relevant text for both cards:

Thanos:
Overcrush

When Thanos deals Overcrush damage to an opponent, double that damage.

Jerry Lawler:
All blocked and blocking Superstars deal double damage this turn.

Global: Pay fist. Target blocked or blocking Superstar deals double damage. Use this ability only once per turn.

I attack with a level 3 Thanos(9A/9D), who is only blocked by level 3 Shriek (3A/3D). I use Jerry Lawler's global to double Thanos' damage. Assuming no other ability affects damage, how much damage does Thanos deal my opponent with Overcrush?

1) 30 (Thanos deals 18 damage to Shriek, and would deal 15 damage to my opponent due to Overcrush, but that damage is doubled to 30 by Thanos' effect)
2) 15 (same scenario, but the "double damage" effects do not stack)
3) Another response

Thank you for your time.

I think this thread answers your question - https://win.wizkids.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5724&p=16273&hilit=wolverine&sid=d7893c5a167659c2978816f2f4dff6ad&sid=d7893c5a167659c2978816f2f4dff6ad#p16273

-The DM Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions