Mankind's Prep ability

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Mankind's Prep ability

Postby yort » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:43 pm

Mankind: The Hardcore Legend states:
While Mankind is active, whenever your opponent Preps one or more dice outside their Clear and Draw Step, you may Prep a die from your bag.

There has been some debate over whether this ability triggers only on things that use the word "Prep", such as the new Tag Out keyword or the Basic Action "Into Battle", or whether it works on any ability that puts dice in your Prep Area (other than KO of course), such as Becky Lynch's global or Supreme Intelligence. For further comparison, Professor X's global says "Prep 2 dice" whereas the new Walk with Elias global says "add 2 Sidekick dice".

Secondarily, the assumption is that if each person had a Mankind, they would trigger off of each other until either a player elected not to Prep a die or they ran out of dice to Prep (i.e., it would not qualify as an infinite loop)

References

Tag Out:
After blockers are declared, you may Prep this die from the Field Zone to give target character die +2A and +2D until end of turn.

Into Battle
Prep 2 dice from your bag. If both dice are Sidekick dice, prep an additional die.

*/** Roll all dice prepped this way (place them in your Reserve Pool).

Becky Lynch global

Global: Pay shield. The first die you purchase this turn is added to your Prep Area instead of your Used Pile.

Supreme Intelligence Global
Global: Pay 2. Once per turn, move a die with purchase cost 2 or less from your Used Pile to your Prep Area (Sidekick dice are considered to have a purchase cost of 0).

Professor X:To Me, My X-Men Global
Global: Pay mask. Once during your turn, you may Prep up to 2 Sidekick dice from your Used Pile.

Walk with Elias Global
Global: Pay mask. Once per turn, on your turn, add 2 Sidekick dice from your Used Pile to your Prep Area.
yort

Re: Mankind's Prep ability

Postby dmrulesteam » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:56 pm

yort wrote:Mankind: The Hardcore Legend states:
While Mankind is active, whenever your opponent Preps one or more dice outside their Clear and Draw Step, you may Prep a die from your bag.

There has been some debate over whether this ability triggers only on things that use the word "Prep", such as the new Tag Out keyword or the Basic Action "Into Battle", or whether it works on any ability that puts dice in your Prep Area (other than KO of course), such as Becky Lynch's global or Supreme Intelligence. For further comparison, Professor X's global says "Prep 2 dice" whereas the new Walk with Elias global says "add 2 Sidekick dice".

Secondarily, the assumption is that if each person had a Mankind, they would trigger off of each other until either a player elected not to Prep a die or they ran out of dice to Prep (i.e., it would not qualify as an infinite loop)

References

Tag Out:
After blockers are declared, you may Prep this die from the Field Zone to give target character die +2A and +2D until end of turn.

Into Battle
Prep 2 dice from your bag. If both dice are Sidekick dice, prep an additional die.

*/** Roll all dice prepped this way (place them in your Reserve Pool).

Becky Lynch global

Global: Pay shield. The first die you purchase this turn is added to your Prep Area instead of your Used Pile.

Supreme Intelligence Global
Global: Pay 2. Once per turn, move a die with purchase cost 2 or less from your Used Pile to your Prep Area (Sidekick dice are considered to have a purchase cost of 0).

Professor X:To Me, My X-Men Global
Global: Pay mask. Once during your turn, you may Prep up to 2 Sidekick dice from your Used Pile.

Walk with Elias Global
Global: Pay mask. Once per turn, on your turn, add 2 Sidekick dice from your Used Pile to your Prep Area.

Anything that sends a die to the Prep Area counts as Prepping a die.

-The DM Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions