Dice Drawn When No Dice Are Available

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Dice Drawn When No Dice Are Available

Postby riptide » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:22 pm

In the rulebook under the Clear and Draw step it says "If, after refilling the bag from the used pile, you are still only able to draw 3 dice or fewer, take 1 damage and gain 1 generic energy for each die below four that you drew. For example, if you drew only two dice from the bag, you would gain 2 generic energy and take 2 damage."

Does this also apply outside of the Clear and Draw Step?

Example of Play:
I block with Beast - Mutate #666 while all my dice are in the field. Since I can't draw a die, do I take 1 damage and gain 1 generic energy?
riptide

Re: Dice Drawn When No Dice Are Available

Postby dmrulesteam » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:11 pm

No, it does not.

In regard to Beast, Mutate #666, if you were instructed to draw 2 dice, you'd draw as many as you could (maybe only one) then follow the instructions in order: place one die in your prep area, and the other (if there is another) in your Used Pile.

If you had multiple Beast, Mutate #666 as blockers, they would go in order (you choose the order of your effects).

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Postby bobcatbc » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:07 am

Does this happen to the Basic Action Card Gear up too? if there is only one die in the bag, I draw it? I ask because people at the store are saying that because you can only draw one die and the card says specifically draw 2 dice, you don't draw any die if there is only one. Sorry is this has been asked before :).
bobcatbc

Postby bactgudz » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:42 pm

Do you refill your bag from your used pile if your bag is empty if an ability instructs you to draw? Or is your dice bag only refilled during the clear and draw step?
bactgudz

Postby dmrulesteam » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:56 pm

bobcatbc wrote:Does this happen to the Basic Action Card Gear up too? if there is only one die in the bag, I draw it? I ask because people at the store are saying that because you can only draw one die and the card says specifically draw 2 dice, you don't draw any die if there is only one. Sorry is this has been asked before :).

You do as much as you can - you draw 1 die.
bactgudz wrote:Do you refill your bag from your used pile if your bag is empty if an ability instructs you to draw? Or is your dice bag only refilled during the clear and draw step?

You refill your bag when you would draw a die and it is empty. The bag doesn't check for when this happens. It can happen during your Clear and Draw Step or during another step.

dmrulesteam

Postby tilk » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:27 pm

dmrulesteam wrote:
bobcatbc wrote:Does this happen to the Basic Action Card Gear up too? if there is only one die in the bag, I draw it? I ask because people at the store are saying that because you can only draw one die and the card says specifically draw 2 dice, you don't draw any die if there is only one. Sorry is this has been asked before :).

bactgudz wrote:Do you refill your bag from your used pile if your bag is empty if an ability instructs you to draw? Or is your dice bag only refilled during the clear and draw step?

You refill your bag when you would draw a die and it is empty. The bag doesn't check for when this happens. It can happen during your Clear and Draw Step or during another step.

Following your second answer, should we refill the bag with the used pile in order to draw the second dice that we were missing in the first answer? Or is it an effect that resolves at once without the chance to refill between drawn dice?
tilk

Postby dmrulesteam » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:52 pm

tilk wrote:
dmrulesteam wrote:

Following your second answer, should we refill the bag with the used pile in order to draw the second dice that we were missing in the first answer? Or is it an effect that resolves at once without the chance to refill between drawn dice?

Yes, you should refill the bag in order to draw the 2nd die.

dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions