used pile rule change

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

used pile rule change

Postby diceanon » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:32 pm

In the used pile rule change document there is an example where Liz is using the Professor X global to move sidekick dice from the used pile to the prep area. It states:

At the end of her last turn, Liz moved 3 Sidekick dice from out of play to her Used Pile. She kept two [?]'s in her Reserve Pool, hoping to use them during Kyle’s turn. When she has an opportunity to pay for Globals during Kyle’s Main Step, she chooses to use Professor Xavier, Trainer’s Global Ability: Liz spends a [?] for the cost of a [Mask]. It goes to her Used Pile because it isn’t her turn. She then moves two Sidekick dice from her Used Pile to her Prep Area. She then chooses to use Professor Xavier, Trainer’s Global Ability again. She again spends a [?] for the cost of [Mask]. She can move another 2 Sidekicks from her Used Pile to her Prep Area. She can’t move the die she spent for the Global Ability. It isn’t available as a target in her Used Pile when she activates the Global Ability, it’s in transition.

I don't believe it's as confusing as some of us originally made it in my head, however, I would like to verify one main question:

By the end of Kyle's turn, did Liz in fact move a total of 4 Sidekick dice from the Used Pile to the Prep Area?

Thank you before hand,
Mathew~
diceanon

Re: used pile rule change

Postby dmrulesteam » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:23 pm

The short answer to your question is yes. The reason why is that the first Global Ability resolves entirely before the next one begins (since it isn’t reacting to anything). The die paid for the 1st use of the Global is in the Used Pile to be selected for the 2nd use of the Global Ability.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Postby sidewynnder » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:11 pm

Is this only the case if it is your opponents turn?

For instance, if, in my main step, I chose to use Professor X's global ability, does the die used to pay for that global go straight to my used pile, or is it in transition? In the example posted above, it is the opponent's main step in which the globals are used. The first resolves and then the die used to pay for the global is available to be used immediately for a second global activation.

Does it work this way if it was my turn and not my opponent's?
sidewynnder

Postby dmrulesteam » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:29 pm

Please see this rules update:
http://dicemasters.com/wp-content/uploa ... D-PILE.pdf

I think it should answer most of your questions, and make it clear where the OP's quoted text comes from.

The relevant text from the above link:
Used Pile: Dice here have been used up and will return to your bag later. Dice you buy and dice used on your opponent’s turn immediately enter the Used Pile.

Any dice from your Field or Reserve pool are in transit to the Used Pile until the end of your turn. You may indicate this by placing these dice outside of any zone. Once they are in transit there is no game effect that may alter them. At the end of your turn all dice in transit are placed in your Used Pile.

So during your turn, if you had 3 Sidekicks in your Used Pile, and 2 on Mask faces in your reserve pool, you could use the first instance of the Professor X Global Ability to move 2 Sidekick dice to your Reserve Pool. The die spent to do take that action would go Out of Play. The second die could be spent to move the 1 Sidekick now in your Used Pile.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions