Uncanny X-Men Namor The Sub Mariner

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Uncanny X-Men Namor The Sub Mariner

Postby pishposh » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:18 am

Namor The Sub Mariner
If you have at least two other characters fielded. Namor cannot be blocked.

Can the two other characters fielded be the same character, such as sidekicks, or must there be two other distinct characters.

Namor, Sidekick, Sidekick
Is Namor blockable in this situation?
pishposh

Re: Uncanny X-Men Namor The Sub Mariner

Postby dmrulesteam » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:11 pm

Namor would be blockable.

Generally character count abilities fall into two categories

1. The more the merrier. If it is something that gives a bonus based on multiple things in play, then "character" implies uniqueness and it ignores duplicates. In future releases, a card like Teamwork would be worded as follows:
Each of your fielded characters gains +1A and +1D for each other active character you control that shares a team affiliation with it.

The word active lets you know it happens no matter how many copies of that die are in the field.

2. Leave me alone. If it is something that requires it to be the only thing in the field, then "character" is typically actually referring to individual dice and it will consider other dice, even if they are duplicates, to be "present" for purposes of determining whether the effect will trigger. This occurs on cards like the solo attack Wolverines, in the future cards like this will typically use language similar to, "If a Wolverine die attacks alone it cannot be blocked."

Namor falls into the More the Merrier category.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Postby vera » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:29 pm

So if Namor, my Sidekick, and Beast are my side of the field then Namar "Sub Mariner" is Unblockable?
vera

Postby dmrulesteam » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:33 pm

vera wrote:So if Namor, my Sidekick, and Beast are my side of the field then Namar "Sub Mariner" is Unblockable?

Yes.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions