Mary Shazam: World War III and buffs

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Mary Shazam: World War III and buffs

Postby kksimons » Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:06 pm

Mary Shazam: World War III reads:

While Mary Shazam is active, when you spend an energy she gets +1A.
While Mary Shazam's A is 10 or greater she gains Overcrush.
While her A is 12 or greater she can't be rerolled or spun to another face by opposing effects.

As long as one of her dice is in the field, do all of her dice gain any attack boosts gained from spending energy?
For example, if I have one Mary die in the field, and I use 2 energy to field a second Mary die from my reserve pool,
do both of my Mary dice gain the +2, or just the die in the field?
kksimons

Re: Mary Shazam: World War III and buffs

Postby dmrulesteam » Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:39 pm

dmrulesteam

Postby kksimons » Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:32 am

Is the buff Mary gets from her special ability considered a static buff?
Would you, for example, be able to use Transfer Power to transfer her buffed A to a sidekick?

For that matter, are Experience tokens and Loyalty counters considered to be a static buff such that they'd work with Transfer Power as well?
kksimons

Postby dmrulesteam » Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:13 pm

Is the buff Mary gets from her special ability considered a static buff?

No, it is an Applied modifier. Refer to the ruling cited in the previous response.

Would you, for example, be able to use Transfer Power to transfer her buffed A to a sidekick?

Yes. Applied ability modifiers given to a Character die’s value remain with that value.

For that matter, are Experience tokens and Loyalty counters considered to be a static buff such that they'd work with Transfer Power as well?

Off the subject, but to answer: No. Components such as Experience tokens or Loyalty counters (et.al.) are applied to a character’s card, which by extension applies to the applicable dice from that card. In this case, the modifier from these tokens/counters can be treated as a Static modifier, i.e. the modifier remains with the value it references.
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions