Wonder Woman: Legendary and Mister Mind: Library of Eternity

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Wonder Woman: Legendary and Mister Mind: Library of Eternity

Postby m4sterp » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:32 am

Hi,

This question is regarding the extent of the word 'ignore' in certain abilities and in particular in regard to Wonder Woman: Legendary:

When fielded, spin target character die to an energy face, and you may deal 2 damage to target character die.

While Wonder Woman is active, ignore opposing "When fielded" and "When attacks" abilities.

Does this mean that these abilities are ignored for all intents and purposes, i.e. you treat them as if they were never there, or does it mean they do nothing for your opponent, but you could still copy them with something like Mister Mind: Library of Eternity? I expect the former, but I wanted to make sure.

When Mister Mind attacks, you may use a copy of target opposing character die's When Attacks ability.

Say I control both Wonder Woman and Mister Mind, my opponent has a Barry Allen: Master of the Speed Force die active, and I attack with Mister Mind, would I be able to copy Barry's effect, or is there nothing to copy due to Wonder Woman's ability?

When Barry Allen attacks, each attacking character die gets +1A and +1D for each of your other attacking character dice.
m4sterp

Re: Wonder Woman: Legendary and Mister Mind: Library of Eter

Postby dmrulesteam » Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:51 pm

Does this mean that these abilities are ignored for all intents and purposes, i.e. you treat them as if they were never there, or does it mean they do nothing for your opponent, but you could still copy them with something like Mister Mind: Library of Eternity? I expect the former, but I wanted to make sure.

Wonder Woman’s ability blanks (i.e. ignores) the specific opposing “when fielded” or “when attacks” ability. Therefore, there is nothing for Mister Mind to copy.

Say I control both Wonder Woman and Mister Mind, my opponent has a Barry Allen: Master of the Speed Force die active, and I attack with Mister Mind, would I be able to copy Barry's effect, or is there nothing to copy due to Wonder Woman's ability?

In this situation, Barry Allen’s ability would be blanked by Wonder Woman and there would be nothing for Mister Mind to copy on Barry’s card.
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions