House of X EL

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

House of X EL

Postby madmurdok » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:58 am

I need some clarification about the way in which Professor X: House of X works in conjunction with other effects

If Prof X and Superman: House of El

Prof. X "During your Attack Step, if Professor X doesn't attack, all of your x-men character dice get +2A and +2D."

Superman "When Superman attacks, target character die has its A changed to 6 until the end of turn."

and I attack with a Beast, using Superman's ability, does Beast also get to use Pro. X +2/+2 (8Attack)

Also... If I were attacking with a non-X-Men and I want to use the Radicalization global
"Pay shield. Target character die gains x-men or brotherhood of evil mutant (until end of turn)."
Would I have to use it before the attack step, or could I use it in the global window and still get
the +2/+2 from Prof. X ??
madmurdok

Re: House of X EL

Postby dmrulesteam » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:27 pm

I attack with a Beast, using Superman's ability, does Beast also get to use Pro. X +2/+2 (8 Attack)?

Yes. Professor X’s +2A/D modifier is a Static ability with a specific condition - Professor X doesn’t attack. Regardless of what happens to Beast’s A/D values, after any other abilities are resolved, the +2A/D modifier from Professor X would be applied to the new values. So, Beast’s A would change to 6A (from Superman’s ability), then the +2A from Professor X is applied resulting in 8A.

If a +A modifier is from an Applied ability, the order in which the abilities are resolved will affect the final A value total. Example: if a +1A modifier from an Applied ability is applied to Beast first, then Superman’s ability, the result will be 6A. If Superman’s ability is applied first, then the +1A modifier, the result will be 7A.

If I were attacking with a non-X-Men and I want to use the Radicalization global,
would I have to use it before the attack step, or could I use it in the global window and still get
the +2/+2 from Prof. X?

The Global ability from Radicalization Global can be used in the Attack Step to give your attackers the X-Men affiliation, thus applying Professor X’s ability.
Last edited by dmrulesteam on Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Correction of ruling, removing "force to attack" references.
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions